The Partick Thistle thread

Anyhoo, I hope this is not closing the door on Lyle Taylor.

Amoo will be to replace Higginbotham on the wing, we'll still be looking at a striker.

Unless Taylor has beef with Amoo that I don't know about?

Soz Reid.

Amoo confirmed on OS now. Squad #7

Elliott back to RB, Amoo at RW = pace. Not much else, by the looks of it, but pace.

Striker- obviously Taylor if available, dunno if / when there's a deadline on this first dibs agreement we supposedly have- and a right back needed and then it's a matter of how small the "smaller squad" is.

Counting Amoo we now have 19 players who are too old for the Development squad so "senior players", but 3 of them are keepers, 1 of them is only signed til August as he is made of poppadom, and 3 of them have 1 start each in the first team (and are presumably on washers so not taking up much of the wage budget).

I think we’re looking at 3 or 4 more in total.

edit: thinking about squad numbers, just recalled that Seaborne was wearing #3 at the kit launch yesterday, which means we'll have a CB at 3 and a LB at 5, which will wreak havoc with my squad number OCD.

Edited by Fuctifano

edit: thinking about squad numbers, just recalled that Seaborne was wearing #3 at the kit launch yesterday, which means we'll have a CB at 3 and a LB at 5, which will wreak havoc with my squad number OCD.

He's always had 3, has he not? Booth's been playing with 5 since January, anyway.

So by my reckoning that'd be a forward four of:

Amoo - Stevenson - Lawless

Doolan

That really doesn't look too bad, and if we can get Taylor signed it'll be even better, with him in place of Doolan. If we can get him, a right back (is this wickham boy signing/a right back?) and a wee bit of depth in place we could have a really solid team this year.

He's always had 3, has he not? Booth's been playing with 5 since January, anyway.

Aye, but I was hoping they'd swap.

Hopefully he can "sling" a few good crosses in, haaaaaaaaaaa...

er, am I doing it right?

He'll be supplying the amoo for our striker.