The Partick Thistle thread

You don't have any sources, shut up with your fantasist pish.

Take the piss all you want. It's kind of sad the aggression jags fans have on this board for no real reason other than maybe my make believe pals thinks it's cool. It would be good to see some decent debate and discussion but it looks like most of you don't have that capacity and want to keep your little clique of sh*tey banter. You've no idea who I am and who I know at the club or within Scottish football. I'm telling you what I know and giving my opinion based on that. Isn't that what forums are for?

Hide behind anonymity and cowardly mockery all you want. I think the board and Archie are doing a very good job and have very little resource. To finish 8th in Scotland is a very impressive and it's about The best we can achieve as a club at this moment. It's also a fact Scott Fox was offered 2k a week plus add ons and perks up at Ross County and we weren't going to match it. I also told you all Taylor wouldn't sign weeks ago and I was correct on that. So maybe I do know what I am talking about.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. We all support the same team and want the same end result.

I don't remember any startling revelations or a string of exclusives.

Any fool could assign an arbitrary number to Scott Fox's weekly wage and everyone but the most glaikit mug must have realised weeks ago that the chances of signing Taylor were slim to none.

Dry your eyes. If you have such an issue with the quality of posting on here then simply stop posting and use an alternative forum. You're on a forum and if you routinely spout nonsense or just bore everyone then you're obviously going to be called out on it.

Take the piss all you want. It's kind of sad the aggression jags fans have on this board for no real reason other than maybe my make believe pals thinks it's cool. It would be good to see some decent debate and discussion but it looks like most of you don't have that capacity and want to keep your little clique of sh*tey banter. You've no idea who I am and who I know at the club or within Scottish football. I'm telling you what I know and giving my opinion based on that. Isn't that what forums are for?

Hide behind anonymity and cowardly mockery all you want. I think the board and Archie are doing a very good job and have very little resource. To finish 8th in Scotland is a very impressive and it's about The best we can achieve as a club at this moment. It's also a fact Scott Fox was offered 2k a week plus add ons and perks up at Ross County and we weren't going to match it. I also told you all Taylor wouldn't sign weeks ago and I was correct on that. So maybe I do know what I am talking about.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. We all support the same team and want the same end result.

Are you not the boy who believed the Kenny Miller story not long ago?

Ok. Let's start the debate. Quantify very little resources.

A sourcer full of secrets...

Its not debate and discussion if you don't tolerate all posters and it seems there is a clique of posters on here who think they are somehow 'holier than thou' and I've seen it when you attack and abuse others on here. It's not deserving but I'm a big boy and whilst my passion is Partick Thistle I'm quite happy not being party to this forum...I'm sure I'll survive! I will say and be first to admit that some things said by myself and many others may turn out to be wrong or untrue but please tell what in my last two posts what is 'nonsense'? We all have our own take on this forum and say things occasionally we in retrospect think 'hmmm not my finest moment' but it doesn't warrant abuse from those who support the same club. I am a Jags fan, and have been since my first day at Firhill when I was 3 years old, in the old shed pre-Jackie Husband stand. So I know the club and I know people who work or are affiliated with the club such as supporters and people who work in Glasgow who are season ticket holders and sponsors etc. I am not correct in everything and live quite far away from Glasgow at present but it's a forum and we want to discuss gossip and potentials surrounding the club.

The only point I was making which kicked this all off was debating the wage structure at the club. I don't think that was nonsense topic and I don't think my comments where nonsense. I stated that most of our senior players are on an average of 50o pound a week. That is what I have been told (you may disagree). I also think some are on as low as 200-300 a week. Probably our biggest expenditure on the player side is Ryan Stevenson at about 1500-2000 a week but he is a rarity. Some others like Osman and Bannigan I would think are about 1000-1500 a week. I also said and agreed with some of you to the reasoning behind why we don't give long term contracts. The above in my opinion is not off base and I disagree with those of you that think somehow we have multiple players making 1K-2K plus per week. It's just not viable in my opinion based on our revenues.

One thing that surprises me is the complete lack of discussion and backing the Thistle Weir Academy gets on this forum as everyone wants to focus on keeping the journeymen and mediocrity we have or want to take on full time like Lyle Taylor than the hopeful youth product we should be hopefully seeing. It's excellent we have 3-4 lads who will make the jump up this year. Archie doesn't have much of a choice as the budget is obviously very tight. Are we not in agreement as a group of fans that this is the investment long term the club has in mind? It is also the completely correct approach!? And lastly that we would rather have a stable club in the last tier of Scottish football than a club going under Hearts or Livingston style (Or heaven forbid Rangers style) in the premiership? We will never compete with even those around us who want to promise crazy deals to players like Scott Fox. I think Ross County are mental. I think Fox was a good servant to the club but never one of our best players. I think Archie did the correct thing in not giving him what he wanted and 'C'est la vie!' Archie got Cerny in so we're good for this season. Plus we have some good young keepers.

And on Kenny Miller, I admit I took the bait :-( but I maintain he'd be good for any club in the Premiership even at his age. Good experience for younger players and played his heart out for Scotland. He has a work ethic hard to come by in players today.

This next paragraph may mean plenty of pelters... but can we just try to be a bit nicer to folk, it doesn't cost anything and I do think this is a great place for good discussion to support the club for all supporters, I like reading all your posts and it keeps my Jags fix going especially in the off season. Anonymity on here doesn't mean you can make people feel small (unless they absolutely deserve it for being vile and offensive). We all have love for the same club. Save the hostility for Sevco and the Orcs from the east end. ;-)