The Partick Thistle thread

I don't think we're *that* much weaker in defence. The last game against Killie showed half-decent (if that) forwards were capable of rag dolling Balatoni. And our competitors may have deeper pools than they did at the end of the season, but that doesn't necessarily equate to stronger squads.

The board, Archie, the entire club are taking a cautious approach. I think that's entirely sensible.

But we can't complain if we think rationally like that.

In other news, Dale Keenan has signed for Stranraer. I think it's a disgrace that we're losing our best players to League 1 clubs, who can somehow pay more than us.

No one mentioned chopping and changing the squad on a regular basis. We are now significantly weaker in both central defence and attack. This to me seems self evident.It also seems fairly clear that our immediate competitors within the bottom six have strengthened their squads.Might not be following the party line and things may change with new additions but to me the manager is being hung out to dry by the current board.

With everyone fit from last season, I'd have said our best central defensive partnership was probably Seaborne and Frans. We still have both of them. If you take Lindsay as being good enough for 3rd choice (which he is, IMO) then I don't think we're particularly weaker in central defence. We've lost Taylor, but that was always likely to happen and we're yet to see who will replace him with 2 weeks or so left until the start of the season, so it's still very possible that we could have a central attack that is on par with what we had last season.

If you add in that we've improved our keeper, Gary Miller looks to be signing, who while not as good as SOD was is still very much competent at this level, and we've also brought in Amoo who looks to be a good player and Welsh coming back (hopefully) strengthens our midfield options then I don't really think we're particularly weaker than at the end of last season at all. Of our best performing players from last season IMO, only SOD has left and it seems we're getting as good a replacement as you could realistically hope for.

Still 2 weeks to go but if we can get a couple of players in then we should be set for a decent season.

$tranraer...

Not a bad move for Keenan. The Blues should be aiming for another tilt at promotion this season. Part-time but should be a regular with a few of their stalwarts moving on so far.

He looked pretty good last pre-season then lost any ability he had when the season started. Even in dev games he became a complete disaster. Heard his attitude was pretty shit, more interested in his hair than improving as a footballer.

They've signed Cairney and McGuigan too. Sad to see Cairney dropping down the leagues but it appears he's done f**k all since his last season with us.

Oooft. I heard about McGuigan moving there but Cairney could be an outstanding bit of business.

Thank f**k I'm working or I would've probably caved in at the last minute thinking "it won't be that bad" and went. Although, our bounce game with Dumbarton was a good watch with headbutts and bad tackles.

As much as the chance to see Mark Kerr, John Baird, and Aaron Muirhead strut their stuff again is tempting me, Falkirk being a bit of a meh away day means I'll save myself for the Rotherham game at Firhill next week. We might even have signed somebody else by then...