The Partick Thistle thread

14 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

ANNOUNCE STEVIE CRAIG!

FB Rumour update - Thistle are still interested in Craig Halkett of Livingston. Most validity of this rumour was lost when it stated we are also interested in Neil Alexander...

I'm sure along with O'Ware, Halkett was another one we were rumoured to be interested in signing before last season started. I almost kind of got the feeling, we overlooked them in favour of the pish we actually signed. 

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

From the minutes of the last PTFC Trust meeting of the season:

2018/19 Kit: this has been chosen as part of ongoing JOMA contract, which limits the scope for the design of the kit. However, there is potential to allow supporters to have a say the season after next (2020-21) to mark the 50th and 100th anniversaries of Thistle’s significant cup wins

FML :green

This is grim, can't stand the sight of the Joma kits. I actually really like the Ayr kit and the fact it's made by Adidas so it's probably quite a nice fit. I know it's probably money related, but why can't we actually get a decent kit maker? 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Where are visiting fans housed nowadays at Firhill? We used to always be in the stand behind the net but understand that's now used by home fans, last time we were there was for a cup-tie and I believe we were given a section of the Jackie Husband Stand but I attended a few Glasgow Warriors games around the same time so could be getting a bit confused.

You were indeed in the end two sections of the JH Stand for our League Cup game a few years back. 2-1 Jags with Ayr hitting the post in the last minute iirc.

Not sure what they’ll be doing with away fans next season. You’re right that Thistle fans are in the Lambie Stand behind the goal nowadays so it won’t be there. When we were last in the second tier away fans were almost exclusively in these sections of the JH, with only large supports from Morton and Dunfermline in the Colin Weir Stand (plus a small Raith support because we could have won the league and there were more Jags than usual). However, in the Premiership we’ve had County, ICT, Accies & St Johnstone only bringing a couple of hundred they’ve still had the full CW.

Not sure if we’ll go back to the way it was to save costs, or keep opening the CW for all away fans. I’d guess Ayr would bring around 500? I’d rather see a separate stand for that but no idea if they will.

2 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Plz tell me we're going back behind the goals?

The kids section is currently at the north end of the JH. Which is where away fans were for the majority of our promotion season.

I wasn’t aware the kids zone was moving, but looks like that confirms where away fans will be situated, then. Unless you bring more than 750 or maybe 1,000, in which case you’ll be in the CW Stand behind the dugouts.

Fretbet cup group games.  Ayr at home.  Sadface.

Monday 4th June, 2018 at 4:04pm

Thistle’s Betfred Cup Group Stage fixtures were announced a short while ago and are as follows:

Saturday 14th July

Stenhousemuir v Partick Thistle – 15:00

Tuesday 17th July

Partick Thistle v Morton – 19:45

Tuesday 24th July

Albion Rovers v Partick Thistle – 19:45

Saturday 28th July

Partick Thistle v Ayr United – 15:00

9 minutes ago, the_paulo said:

Fretbet cup group games.  Ayr at home.  Sadface.

Predictable but uninspiring preseason games. Maybe a 5-0 showing off of Morton or Ayr will spur us onto Championship glory? 

Exact fixture list we were expecting based on previous years.

Happy with it as we’ve got the better teams at home. Plus we'll be visiting both at least another two times anyway, so happy to get the away trips to the less common grounds.

I guess we won't see our new strip until we announce this year's shirt sponsor?

On that point my Joma polo shirt was the latest piece of quality production to have its badge come away. Utter cheap shite.

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

We'd be daft not to sign Ross Forbes.

Think he was possibly carrying an injury, but he looked a shadow of the player we had the season before.

When he was not scoring or providing goals, he was like a man down at times!

Wonder if the time out ( not played since Dec) will mean he is fully recovered and could kick on with another club.  Overall, he was a great player for us and hopefully he  gets something sorted for next season. 

Could see him at Raith or Ayr..

I believe we need to get a few more physical players in the team and a captain that would be unabashedly vocal. We lacked that this past season as whilst I adore Erksine and Doolz they are not your "in yer face" type of players. I am certainly not advocating for Paton but I think a center midfielder with some bottle and experience would go a long way for us. Couple that with another at CB to partner Tam 2, with Tam 1 between the sticks and I think we'll have a really nice spine to the team. Championship we'll need some more hard nosed players in the squad.