The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Fuctifano said:

Didn't see that one coming, thought he was pretty settled in Glasgow. 

Back to Accies maybe? 

Was thinking that but we have a pretty competent keeper in Gary Woods so wouldn't be too fussed if he didn't come back to us. 

Club statement says

All other players with a relegation release clause in their contract have confirmed their commitment to the club for the 2018/19 season.

so at least there shouldn't be any other players leaving out the blue other than those the club actively want to punt.

I reserve the right to be a massive hypocrite in thinking Edwards is a c**t for exercising his clause but not feeling the same about Cerny.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

On 03/06/2018 at 20:05, jagfox99 said:

ANNOUNCE STEVIE CRAIG!

FB Rumour update - Thistle are still interested in Craig Halkett of Livingston. Most validity of this rumour was lost when it stated we are also interested in Neil Alexander...

Hmmmm.

I was surprised when Cerny appeared to be willing to hang around and play lower league football with us.  He's better than that, so it's not a shock at all to hear he's off.  It's obviously bad news though. 

Still, at least we don't have Scott Fox or Ryan Scully anymore.  Hopefully someone better than those two will come in.

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

I was surprised when Cerny appeared to be willing to hang around and play lower league football with us.  He's better than that, so it's not a shock at all to hear he's off.  It's obviously bad news though. 

He sat on the bench at Hibs without playing a game for a year before joining us tbf.

Well f**k.

Good luck to him in Finland, but pretty certain his wife is Scottish and he seemed to enjoy playing for the club so thought he’d have been happy to hang around.

Going to join the hypocrite bandwagon of still thinking Edwards is a p***k but not Cerny. Think it’s because Cerny was at least competent last season.

Does anyone know if Sneddon is any good/remotely near ready for the first team? I have horror visions of us ending up with some Colin Stewart-esque diddy.

He didn’t have a great season last year - a couple of clangers, and his terrible kicking contributing to us getting stuck in our own half for extended periods.

But I’m still gutted. The best keeper I’ve ever seen at Thistle, and he would comfortably have been the best keeper in the Championship. Plus no more heads gone rage from opposing fans as he cleans his boots on the post for the 15th time. This will be a big loss.

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

How many players do Thisle have left?  And how many goalies?  Seems as though you guys have release your entire team and then signed O'Ware

There are now 12 “first team” players under contract for next season.

Edited by Nightmare