The Partick Thistle thread

The prospect of having Amoo, Lawless, Taylor and Stevenson bombing on in behind sounds pretty good and with Dools completing the attacking side I think it would be quite potent.

Also getting word on this new RB plus another CB with some experience I think we are shaping up nicely. I also very much hope one or two of these youngsters surprises us and has a break out season.

Come on Archie keep the good news coming.

I do believe that this is Taylor's level as his finishing severely holds him back. Although I do feel he could get 15 goals if he had a full season for us. We would struggle to find another player who is on par or better with than what Taylor offers on our budget.

His 2nd goal vs Aberdeen in the 3-1 game was a cracking finish- although the then missed about 3 1 on 1s for a hat-trick. Most of the others have either been blooters or headers, but that's exactly it, if he had that in his game he would be playing at a higher level. Same as if Doolan had pace and strength.

I'm not sure Franky is good looking enough to join the Jags Revolution?

post-1545-14359353493652_thumb.jpg

His goalscoring record ain't great either?

post-1545-14359353803505_thumb.jpg

Still, his name is cool-as-f**k and he's an Ivorian international.

Make it so Archie 8)

Archie in the Herald, which is paywalled, saying

"We will keep looking to add some experience when we can but the reality is that we will operate with a fairly small squad this year, and that means some of the younger lads will feature more often," said Archibald.

"I see us as having 22 first-team squad members, plus goalkeepers, and the truth of the matter is that number is dictated by the tighter finances in Scottish football at the moment, it is not just our club having to cut back.

"The good news, from our point of view, is that we have some talented boys at Firhill, and some of them would have been ready to step up this season in any case.

"There are probably four who come into that bracket, Liam Lindsay, who has done well out on loan at Alloa and Airdrie, David Wilson, Jordan Leyden and Declan McDaid.

Including Leyden in the squad as well as Hendry, gives us 17 outfield players. 25 doesn't seem that small to me, even if 5 of them are 20 or under.