The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

Crawford won't leave.

Neither will brophy.

Ziggy and mcgovern only ones going.

So we need a goalie and a right back for sure.

Also try to get in a mid and a full out forward like keatings

Why so sure if someone wants either they will gone

NEIL ALEXANDER????

YES OR YES?????

Great keeper for the taking. Moan Accies make it happen.

I would take Alexander but I reckon he will get a better offer.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Simon Lappin and Jack Leitch sign.

We usually do pretty well when dining 'keepers. We don't usually tend to go to the Rudi Vata agency, and we've had some pretty good ones over the years. Alexander would be a pretty good singing. Anything's a step down from McGovern, though :(

If he was moaning about the budget at Inverness, I don't think he'd be too happy with us.

Canning has a job for life.

Heres a tough one, would you rather have Canning or Locke?

Job interview for Accies Boss will be as follows :

Les Gray - "are you willing to go along with the fact that the board will never have a budget for signing players cause we develop future players from within?"

If Candidate's answer is No - "ok son there's the door - see ya"

If Candidate's answer is Yes -"congratulations and welcome to Hamilton Accies"

It is a tricky situation - yes we have developed great players like James McCarthy but the board's abject refusal to spend money in the transfer market to get good players will eventually get us relegated

It's only fair that Canning gets credit as well as the players for keeping us up. Annan was hard to forgive. Celtic? Well, this season has also seen Celtic 6 Dundee 0 and Celtic 7 Motherwell 0. These results happen, at least we redeemed ourselves in the next meeting.

Next season could be horrible but it would be more bearable if we were playing some of the young lads rather than foreign duds like Diaby. But the knives will still be out for Canning with every defeat as Alex Neil would never have lost that match (and I'm someone who shouted for him to go at the Well game when he inexplicably left Brophy on the bench). Still, Norwich fans will tell you that Neil has had some baffling team selections this season too.

Edited by Owsley

I don't think the Accies board refuse to buy players I think it's more players at our level will find a club who are willing to pay higher wages. The only way a player will sign for Accies is if they see it as a shop window eg Kurtaj or else we are a last resort in which case they probably aren't good enough eg Nade, Turner.

The advantage Accies may have next season is that a lot of players have gained experience over the past 12 months like Lucas and guys like Docherty and Brophy are now ready for the step up they weren't ready for a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Morris came back on loan.

What's the deal with Longridge, guys?

Going by Twitter, he seems keen on a move back to us? Has he actually signed a deal with you lot or have you just offered him a contract?

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Great player, true professional and does everything to wind up the opposition fans. The 2-1 win away to St Mirren in March when he wound up the entire St Mirren support was unreal :lol:

What's the deal with Longridge, guys?

Going by Twitter, he seems keen on a move back to us? Has he actually signed a deal with you lot or have you just offered him a contract?

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Great player, true professional and does everything to wind up the opposition fans. The 2-1 win away to St Mirren in March when he wound up the entire St Mirren support was unreal :lol:

We've offered him a deal apparently. He's not popular with the fans here mainly because he's been truly awful for us in the main so, you're welcome to him.

We've offered him a deal apparently. He's not popular with the fans here mainly because he's been truly awful for us in the main so, you're welcome to him.

So he's not accepted it yet? If he's aware that he's not popular amongst the Accies support, he might end up coming to us then..

Wouldn't say truly awful, he clearly has skill but he doesn't half miss some crucial chances. Championship player so a move would be best for both parties.

Possibly another player like Baird, Toshney etc..

Standouts in the championship, can't hack the premiership?

Really do hope he signs for us. Was one of our best players from February onwards.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993