Big league winners.

Celtic fans really are ungrateful c***s. They are meaningless without the other arsecheek. What a pitiful existence.

:lol:

We celebrate winning a league and we're told we shouldn't because it was a one horse race. When anyone says it was just ok, we're ungrateful. Think the diddies need to make their mind up on what the battle plan to attack the big bad Celtic is :lol:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I didn't....you know this anyway. My point is that this season, Hearts fans have packed out Tynecastle. Fair play to them. However, if the club was able to get the Hearts fans signed up to a scheme to apply for a ticket to matches and they signed up to a waiting list & that 40,000 or even 30,000 signed up, then Hearts (or Aberdeen & Hibs) would soon be looking at getting the stadium big enough to accommodate them.

Yes you did. Not only can you not write posts, you can't even read your own ones, never mind anyone else's.

:lol:

We celebrate winning a league and we're told we shouldn't because it was a one horse race. When anyone says it was just ok, we're ungrateful. Think the diddies need to make their mind up on what the battle plan to attack the big bad Celtic is :lol:

Celebrating winning the league posting on P&B? Wild.

Yes you did. It is still there. It's exactly what you wrote, as anyone is able to see.

No I didn't. I've even explained it in detail for those unable to work things out for themselves. If you still can't understand it then I'm not wasting anymore time on getting through to you!

No I didn't. I've even explained it in detail for those unable to work things out for themselves. If you still can't understand it then I'm not wasting anymore time on getting through to you!

Maybe you should waste less time on me and spend it actually writing what you mean then. It's, still, quite clearly there for all to see.

Our crowds were bigger than being reported. Let's be honest, it was an era of people 'doubling up'. One pays, two barge through. Especially with the teenagers.

Look at the Double Winning season of 1988. The official capacity was 60,000 & for the game we clinched the title the attendance was given as 60,000 exact....this despite the fact the terraces were so crowded there were fans having to sit around the old track. Must have easily been another 2,000 on the track. The attendance that day was probably closer to 70,000

I'm talking about the years you mentioned in post 3, 90-95 when you won f**k all cos you were shite. Celtic were a joke from top to tail and the fans reacted like any other club in the country would- they voted with their feet. So that mention of 1988 goes to show what I'm talking about.

Rangers and Celtic have had the best chance in these 4 years, to put in a proper system to clear the decks and start again. They've done it in different ways but the end result is they've chucked enough money at mediocre players who are good enough to scrape through in their respective leagues but nothing more.

I'm not surprised Celtic fans have stayed away, it's the worst team I've seen in years. Take hearts, we skooshed the championship last season and easily finished third this year. But we have been absolutely turgid for most games and I know plenty folk who will not be getting a season ticket next year or are only doing it to get first dibs on the new stand!

I'm talking about the years you mentioned in post 3, 90-95 when you won f**k all cos you were shite. Celtic were a joke from top to tail and the fans reacted like any other club in the country would- they voted with their feet. So that mention of 1988 goes to show what I'm talking about.

That was just an example. Although our crowds were certainly not that big, they were still bigger than were being reported. Could easily add 10,000 on to the official attendances

Rangers and Celtic have had the best chance in these 4 years, to put in a proper system to clear the decks and start again. They've done it in different ways but the end result is they've chucked enough money at mediocre players who are good enough to scrape through in their respective leagues but nothing more.

Agree, to an extent but in fairness Celtic started well enough with the signings who went on to bring us big bucks. Recently not so much though.

I'm not surprised Celtic fans have stayed away, it's the worst team I've seen in years. Take hearts, we skooshed the championship last season and easily finished third this year. But we have been absolutely turgid for most games and I know plenty folk who will not be getting a season ticket next year or are only doing it to get first dibs on the new stand!

It's not been our greatest Celtic team but they are a better team than they make themselves appear. Good players who have clearly underachieved this season. I'm hoping for a manager who can be a motivator like Martin O'Neill was, who got an average Petrov & Petta playing like completely different players. The likes of Bitton & Johansen have totally regressed as time has gone on.

I'd say you're pretty much a typical Celtic fan. A disgusting bigot.

You're words really hurt me....no really :rolleyes:

Ironic, you don't know me. I've never brought up religion, race, politics etc on here but because I'm a Celtic fan you call me a "typical Celtic fan. A disgusting bigot"

Clearly you are the one showing all the signs of being a bigot here!

You could say that about any club though for people pushing through to get on the terracing. I also mind when Celtic moved to Hampden and Davie Hagen scored the only goal in front of about 14k fans. There was definitely no doubling up there!

Celtic fans are proud to talk about the Lisbon lions being local lads and teams playing the Celtic way. But seriously, when was the last time you remember a successful entertaining Celtic team or a standout youngster from the system?

I think this was a perfect chance for you to bring on youth players or develop young Scottish signings ( which is a tactic I hate btw) but the likes of Allan or Christie have hardly had a sniff this season.

No I didn't....you know this anyway. My point is that this season, Hearts fans have packed out Tynecastle. Fair play to them. However, if the club was able to get the Hearts fans signed up to a scheme to apply for a ticket to matches and they signed up to a waiting list & that 40,000 or even 30,000 signed up, then Hearts (or Aberdeen & Hibs) would soon be looking at getting the stadium big enough to accommodate them.

Fucking hell. Your solution for Hearts to compete on budgetary terms with Celtic is to spend upwards of £30million on a new stadium which would take decades to pay for itself?

Really?

:lol: :lol:

You could say that about any club though for people pushing through to get on the terracing. I also mind when Celtic moved to Hampden and Davie Hagen scored the only goal in front of about 14k fans. There was definitely no doubling up there!

You sure. I remember we had 18,000 season ticket holders at Hampden. That was also prob the first season when things changed because it was the first season we played our 'home' games in an all seater stadium...& gone was the cheaper gates for the terracing...as well as the paying gates.

Celtic fans are proud to talk about the Lisbon lions being local lads and teams playing the Celtic way. But seriously, when was the last time you remember a successful entertaining Celtic team or a standout youngster from the system?

I think this was a perfect chance for you to bring on youth players or develop young Scottish signings ( which is a tactic I hate btw) but the likes of Allan or Christie have hardly had a sniff this season.

Well for entertaining football, I loved Lennons team. Guys like Ledley, Wanyama, Hooper to name but a few contributed to a good solid attacking team that had a bit of everything about them. As for youngsters, I agree to an extent. I went to watch our youth team regularly, when Neil Lennon's was our manager, & the young lads impressed me. I thought there were about 4-5 players who should've got more game time in the first team. One of those players was Darnell Fisher. With no Rangers in the league it was an ideal time to blood them. That said, just now we have Callum McGregor & Kieran Tierney playing which isn't too bad. Not many big dominant clubs in any league who has lots of home grown players in their side.

Our current youth team have just won the youth league...AGAIN, but this time they went unbeaten in all 32 games, with only 4 draws so hopefully a few progress. As for Christie & Allan, I agree, although Christie only came down to us in the January.

Fucking hell. Your solution for Hearts to compete on budgetary terms with Celtic is to spend upwards of £30million on a new stadium which would take decades to pay for itself?

Really?

If they had done it years ago it wouldn't cost that much. Celtic Park cost £40m to build. However, the longer it's left, the more people will think 'if only it had been built years ago'

Really?

This is the same guy that blamed the Irish economy for less Celtic fans at Parkhead remember 

I first realised how little the fans of Celtic (and Rangers) actually care about winning things the others not involved in when we played them both in Scottish Cup Semis in consecutive seasons. Only about 25000 Celtic fans turned up for the first Semi, and most left around, or after, the 70 minute mark despite it only being 2-1. Those who stayed to the end just gave a mild round of applause.

Second semi a swathe of Rangers fans left during the 90 minutes, with another lot leaving during extra time. During the penalties they gave a wee cheer when they scored then just wandered out at the end of it. 

Must be utterly depressing to not enjoy winning things simply because your rivals aren't there. The fact Celtic fans only celebrate titles because it gets them closer to beating the nine in a row shite is fucking embarrassing for them.

Archived