Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

The last one was good but could have been better, if they'd done some madcap scheme to break them out of the home in a great escape style or something that could have worked well.... overall as a series some good moments but a bit meh in places,definetly more life in it though.

22 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Peggy seems to be a really unpopular character - who do folk hate most - Peggy or Methadone Mick?

Peggy. I don't mind Methadone Mick and quite enjoyed his 'talking letterbox' line but Peggy...just a rip-roaring c**t. It doesn't help that she looks like some irritating lassie from Forfar that I knew once (not in that way).

On 11/13/2016 at 13:32, Allan Jacobsen said:

Peggy. I don't mind Methadone Mick and quite enjoyed his 'talking letterbox' line but Peggy...just a rip-roaring c**t. It doesn't help that she looks like some irritating lassie from Forfar that I knew once (not in that way).

Peggy is fine in small doses - I liked her and Isa insulting each other and winding each other up.  Mick on the other hand?  A fecking God awful character that adds nothing to the show.  Should have been in only one episode.

can see why they wanted another jakey character to replace pete, the guy who's blamed for missing booze etc. 

Instead of forcing it down our throats, it should've been a subtle introduction. 

The line where they're sneaking into the home and Jack asks "Jesus Eric, ye pished already?" And being told "naw. Peggy was sitting oan him in the back eh the van" was probably one of my favourite moments in the whole serious closely followed by "Parkinson's, a b*****d isn't it?"

The line where they're sneaking into the home and Jack asks "Jesus Eric, ye pished already?" And being told "naw. Peggy was sitting oan him in the back eh the van" was probably one of my favourite moments in the whole serious closely followed by "Parkinson's, a b*****d isn't it?"

The old lady was the actress who played Mrs Culfeathers in Tony Roper's "The Steamie".

Always remember her asking for Galloway's mince. I've got the DVD, so must watch it sometime.

Who else but the director of Still Game is staying in the hotel that I work in? :lol: Himself and his crew are working on some Christmas special up in Invergorden for BBC Alba.

Mentioned how I thought Methadone Mick was used maybe a bit too much, he countered that with saying that discounting 1 episode, he's only really in 1 scene in each of the remaining episodes throughout the series. He said the impact of what he does though is what makes people think he's in it for more than he is, which he thinks makes him a good character.

He also thinks there will be another series; hit all the targets and check-boxes for the BBC to renew it, it's just down to them now!