Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

"Their".

Oh and, we keep hearing season on season about how we're on the brink and yet here we are.

We're the cockroaches of Scottish football, if you will.

Oh and re Gordon Sawers - I do wish he'd f**k off. An absolute mess of a man. And that's from someone who almost popped a capillary when Scotland voted No.

:)

Almost? ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie_lad has lost the place.

You stated a few posts back that you think Killie should be aiming for top 6 next season but that 4th wasn't unrealistic. That is an embarrassing claim, inspired by bravado at a routine win over a lower league side who have shown, time and again this season, they are not top flight quality. I think even Utd may have done them over 2 legs and I do not say that lightly.

You've been pulled for it, rightly IMO and don't seem to like it. Unlucky.

If it's football discussion you want I'll give you it.

Lee Clark has won 2 games in 13 matches against opposition in the same league as him. This is despite him bringing in 3 or 4 of his own players (Addison, Dicker, Faubert?, Hodson) - none of whom will have been cheap I may add.

if we extrapolate his record over a season that's roughly 6 league wins in a full season. That is 2 less than Dundee Utd this season.

I've not been following the situation closely, but I believe Kilmarnock are bleeding money at the moment to the point where relegation was being viewed as potentially catastrophic. I doubt securing survival completely eradicates those money problems.

Somehow though you expect Lee Clark to significantly improve the squad with next to no money to work with to the extent that you will improve your league position dramatically. Lets not forget that, once again, it will be a harder league next season. Hearts were an improvement on St. Mirren this season, Rangers will be an improvement on Dundee Utd next season and will be expected to finish in the top 6 by most (top 2 by the media & Rainjurz peepul).

I don't know the contract situation of your players so can't comment on that but if you are honest there aren't many players in that side who are capable of playing for any of the top 6 sides. I like Slater, Kiltie has promise and Magennis has come on leaps and bounds but outwith that I wouldn't thank you for any Kilmarnock player. Not one.

Let's hear your proposals for how Lee Clark is going to turn a squad of limited players into top 6 stalwarts pushing for Europe please.

Right so trying to have a discussion is losing the plot but counter arguments such as "lee clarke is shite lolol look at his record" and asking everyone to bet you if you disagree with them, rather than actually offer any reasonable discussion is fine. It's a bit like how everybody jumped on macdonalds back after a great season because he had a shaky game against falkirk. Suddenly everyones crawling out of the woodwork telling us how shite a keeper he is. (worded that poorly, I don't think clarke has had a great season, just referring to the braindead 1 line comments that appear on here all the time.)

It has nothing to do with us beating falkirk FFS. Do i think this team would have a chance of 4th/5th next season  f**k NO, there is a load of shite that we will need to cut. My point is that if we get the right players in we should be looking towards 4th/5th because that IMO is the cut off point between the good teams in the league and the rest. Somebody asked would 7th/8th be a good season for killie next year, with this team, yes obviously it would, but in general i would hope we have bigger aspirations than that. Clarke has shown with Addison and hodson that he can bring in some quality to this side, or do you disagree with that? Faubert wasn't fit so fair enough that was a poor one and dicker whilst not being great also hasn't been terrible. Maybe you should try a season with gary locke as your manager and then you'd understand we'd be happy with literally anyone that isn't Gary locke.

I had to laugh at your top 6 'stalwarts' bit, as if you have to beat anything other than 'not absolutely fucking terrible' to make the top 6.

Lee Clark has won 2 games in 13 matches against opposition in the same league as him. This is despite him bringing in 3 or 4 of his own players (Addison, Dicker, Faubert?, Hodson) - none of whom will have been cheap I may add.

Dicker and Hodson were all signed before Clark took over.  His only additions have been Faubert, Addison and Henshall, the latter of whom is a young player signed for the future.

Falkirk had a good break before the Hibs game and 6 full days until Killie game. Nothing to do with volume of games. The gap is just very big between the two levels.

Dicker, Faubert and Hodson were all signed before Clark took over. His only additions have been Addison and Henshall, the latter of whom is a young player signed for the future.

Faubert signed on Feb 26th, around two weeks after Clark took over.

Yes the stats on Clark aren't good but what people seem to be forgetting is the Gary Locke affect. Clark took over a shambles with no transfer window to work with so it had to be free agents, who let's be honest in the main part are free agents for a reason. We were leaking goals for fun, fitness was non existent and confidence was rock bottom. 

The improvement to the defense, fitness and confidence since February has made me cautiously optimistic about Lee Clark and Kilmarnock next season.

He was never going to turn us into world beaters overnight so whilst making these improvements it is not surprising we were still losing games hence the poor stats. 

That said he now has a pre season and a transfer window to shape the squad how he wants it. Going into next season I would expect the win ratio to improve. excuse.

We will start 2016/17 as Lee Clark's team and he will need to start getting the wins to back up his words and kick on from the improvements he has made so far.

People have asked what would be classed as a successful season. I'd love top 6 but realistically after the last 3 seasons I'd be happy with us having no chance of relegation or being dragged into the playoffs regardless of what the actual league position is to achieve this.

My point is that if we get the right players in we should be looking towards 4th/5th

I take your point. If Dundee can sign the right players we could potentially win the league so I can't disagree with you. Simple stuff....

Right so trying to have a discussion is losing the plot but counter arguments such as "lee clarke is shite lolol look at his record" and asking everyone to bet you if you disagree with them, rather than actually offer any reasonable discussion is fine. It's a bit like how everybody jumped on macdonalds back after a great season because he had a shaky game against falkirk. Suddenly everyones crawling out of the woodwork telling us how shite a keeper he is. (worded that poorly, I don't think clarke has had a great season, just referring to the braindead 1 line comments that appear on here all the time.)

Quote where I said "Lee Clarke is shite lolol" or where I offered you a bet. You are slavering. For a Killie fan to be touting top 6 as easily achievable and 4th as eminently realistic is absolutely fucking laughable after the season you've had on and off the field.

To finish in the top 4 next season you would have to finish above one of the OF, Hearts or Aberdeen. To finish in the top 6 you need to finish above 1 of the aforementioned teams plus at least 2 of St. Johnstone, Caley, Dundee, Ross County and even Partick Thistle who are all miles (let's be clear - fucking miles) ahead of Killie on the park with fairly settled squads requiring a bit of tweaking (Caley maybe the exception here with Yogi etc but always seem to do well enough) - Who do you see Killie finishing above looking at the situation now?

I do think Lee Clark is an improvement on Gary Locke but his record since taking over is Jackie MacNamara / Mixu stuff. Next season you won't have the Dundee Utd mattress below you as a cushion.

The league splits comfortably into 3 sections for me - top 3, 4th - 10th then waaaaay behind you have 11th and 12th. You need to hope that Hamilton regress again and that 1 of te othr clubs has a "Dundee Utd" season out of nowhere tbh.

I would not thank you for a single one of the players you referenced Clark bringing in. Not one.

I take your point. If Dundee can sign the right players we could potentially win the league so I can't disagree with you. Simple stuff....

Quote where I said "Lee Clarke is shite lolol" or where I offered you a bet. You are slavering. For a Killie fan to be touting top 6 as easily achievable and 4th as eminently realistic is absolutely fucking laughable after the season you've had on and off the field.

To finish in the top 4 next season you would have to finish above one of the OF, Hearts or Aberdeen. To finish in the top 6 you need to finish above 1 of the aforementioned teams plus at least 2 of St. Johnstone, Caley, Dundee, Ross County and even Partick Thistle who are all miles (let's be clear - fucking miles) ahead of Killie on the park with fairly settled squads requiring a bit of tweaking (Caley maybe the exception here with Yogi etc but always seem to do well enough) - Who do you see Killie finishing above looking at the situation now?

I do think Lee Clark is an improvement on Gary Locke but his record since taking over is Jackie MacNamara / Mixu stuff. Next season you won't have the Dundee Utd mattress below you as a cushion.

The league splits comfortably into 3 sections for me - top 3, 4th - 10th then waaaaay behind you have 11th and 12th. You need to hope that Hamilton regress again and that 1 of te othr clubs has a "Dundee Utd" season out of nowhere tbh.

I would not thank you for a single one of the players you referenced Clark bringing in. Not one.

There are not 11 players that would realistically go to dundee which would make them win the league, so your utterly predicable example is not very good.

The league changes every year outwith the say the top 3, 1 year motherwell are in europe, the next they win a playoff to stay up and then the next...hang on a minute, where did they finish again this season? Inverness, ross county, st johnstone, have all done the same. I do not think top 6 is easily achievable, i said a good season for killie should be top 6. 7th or 8th would be ok especially after a season like this. In the long run though 4th/5th is not the fucking impossibility you're acting as if it is

Ross county finished 3 points above us in 9th last season and Motherwell 5 points below in 11th with 36 points, exactly the same as us this season. Motherwell have finished 5th and Ross county 6th.

In the cold light of day it must be said that we had a poor season with one good game that counted. Now that's out of the way Lee Clark has to start the culling process to deliver the improvements that he has talked about.

I have to laugh at some of the fans on here who dismiss the possibility of Killie attaining a top 6 finish. Some of them were crowing/boasting/hoping earlier on in the season that their own teams would finish as such . Optimism often usurps pragmatism when you support a football team .

Ask any Leicester City fan who plonked a £5 note on their team at the start of the season which camp they were in !

Killie for the last few seasons have under performed since Kenny Shiels left and with a new mentalist now in charge please allow us to indulge ourselves

Thanx XXX

Archived