Derbies next season

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised no-one has pointed out that for the majority of seasons Ayr and Morton were never in the same league as St Mirren and Killie. So our most regular derby was always against Kilmarnock That was our New Year game and it could get pretty tasty over the years both on and off the park. Some of our biggest crowds outside of the ugly sisters were Killie games. Even up till last season it was one of the best fixtures for atmosphere Much better than Morton games this season

I think you'll find that we've already used the available facts to dismiss Ayrshire and its derby as an irrelevant, two-bob effort. Just like your historic fail of a franchise club.

Better luck next time.

We're not still trying to shoehorn 4,000 crowds into the big time.

Ayrshire's #2 derby draws 4,000.

That's because you've never had a 'big time', chump; just a handful of cup games to attract some Sevconians without the bus fare. 

Ayrshire's #2 derby draws 4,000.

But also draws a stunning 882 in the same league campaign. Better luck next time. 

OK we're not down yet. but I will continue to believe that our derbys will continue to be more bitter, as the fans rarely meet away from the football.

We wont have the crowds of the Dundee derby but the bitterness lingers on;

It might be not the biggest derby, but it's ours.

Looking forward to meeting my unwashed cousins next year.

WFAANW;

Poor little Ayr - they'll now have to fund their doomed attempt to avoid yet another humiliating relegation back to their natural level without those two sell-out crowds that they confidently predicted on here. 

Shame really. 

1282014053.png

That's because you've never had a 'big time', chump; just a handful of cup games to attract some Sevconians without the bus fare. 

But also draws a stunning 882 in the same league campaign. Better luck next time. 

I've had to sit on the ash whereas you've been in crowds of 4/5000.

That was absolutely brilliant :lol: Thats exactly what's missing from most mascots. Looking forward to more of the same next season.

You're going to be disappointed then. Sammy appears to have had a lobotomy.

Given the geographical proximity of other clubs is our derby going to be Falkirk?

I wouldn't put it past the league to have Utd v Rovers on "derby day" and Dunfermline playing Falkirk.

Given the geographical proximity of other clubs is our derby going to be Falkirk?

Don't be too upset - on your current trajectory, 2017/18 should have derbies galore for you.... Arbroath, Forfar, Brechin......

Archived