CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

He has gone. You just need to look at the match day programme for confirmation. There is no name next to chairman any longer and am sure it was mentioned a few times that he was standing down at the end of last season.

Correct - but don't let the part time/once a season/left a long time ago detractors on here use that as an excuse not to have a pop.

The Ek Clyde thing was always going to make him a divisive figure and undo - to some - all of the sterling work done in saving the club. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when the man stated the only option available at the time was to change name and move - I believed him and still do. Things have changed.

What's not changed to me is his commitment, like all of the other CURRENT board members, who put in thankless shifts with out much recognition. Many have stated on here how good and attractive a team we have on the park this season. Yes the manager is box office and is key in getting these players in, but he always thanks the board of directors for allowing him to secure these players.

I'd much rather have a JA in and around the club than publicity hungry, name dropping, blazer chasing whores like Bobby Gracey, Garry(weird spelling) Ballantyne, David Dalziel, Tommy Smith, or anyone else whose vision resides on the back of a fag packet, and the clouds of smoke that emanate from them. IN short I'd rather have those tasked with running the club to have the club at heart and not themselves.

Four players out obviously still being paid and wouldnt imagine any funds left for replacements...

Remember this throughout season lads when results not for us but no doubt it will (Wrongly) be managers fault at games and online when frustration boiles over...

Lot of higher league teams couldnt handle our lack of luck, time for everyone to accept a bit of realism, Probable expect some difficult times ahead & Perhaps could even get worse should we pick up any further injury or suspension highly likely with 95% season still to go...

Sad day

Only luck Barry has just now is bad luck; just typical. Two probably top earners at the club (If we include Lowden) so not too likely we could afford any replacement even on loan. Don't know how it works; do we insure against such a circumstance to cover wages? probably not as premium would be pretty steep.

Really disappointing to say the least, especially so very early in the season, its as if we have not really had him or Lowden. Long season ahead now I suspect. Still more than decent players here but very small squad indeed and its only just September.      

No luck whatsoever for us right now but it's time someone else stands up and the youth players show us what they have. Unfortunately we will have to rely on youth more but looking a long long long season ahead now after so much optimism.

Like said when results dont go our way people will blame Ferguson no doubt