Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Nothing better than a defender with a strapping on his knee

My first though too :) Got to love the #content but it is  quite funny how much is in the open now - training used to be something that you knew went on in the background but were really unaware of - now that someone has splashed out on a drone, we get weekly (mostly identical) videos of the squad running about. Generally with black bras over their shirts. 

It makes you hanker for the glory days of "player chips a golf ball into a bucket".

In fairness we seem to have patched the non-league signings now. Carson’s the only one we’ve signed this season was at a National League side but they were League 2 last season. League 1 seems to be our main market these days; Hartley, Main, Bigi, Rose, Dunne, Grimshaw (on loan from PNE) were all at L1 clubs last season. Tanner & Carson L2. 

Seeing as the English sides don’t have a winter break I’d have thought that info on players we’re having a look at would be a bit more available as they’d obviously need permission from their club to spend a week in Tenerife training with another team. That’s the sort of info that would leak pretty easily.

Unless, of course, they’re out of contract guys. Which is totally plausible.

Edited by capt_oats

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Grimshaw (on loan from PNE) were all at L1 clubs last season.

Grimmy isn't on loan, PNE let him go. He was due to come up on what was a loan, then he was released.

(I think, apologies if I am wrong but I am sure that's what happened)

34 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Grimmy isn't on loan, PNE let him go. He was due to come up on what was a loan, then he was released.

(I think, apologies if I am wrong but I am sure that's what happened)

24 minutes ago, Del_Superwell said:

I seem to remember that with Grimmy, it was initially meant to be a loan before they decided to rip up his contract and allowed us to take him on a free.   Think he's only signed a 1 year deal so out of contract this summer as it stands.

Apologies, I wasn't clear there. My fault. Grimshaw's on a permanent deal with us you're both right.

What I was saying was that he was playing in League 1 with Chesterfield on loan from PNE last season. It was really just an extension of the point that we seem to have patched the whole National League gambles thing to recruit from the League 1 market now.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Çiftçi looks like he’s living his best life right now. Which, I’ll not lie, I wasn’t expecting.

Actual joy on their faces. That’s some bit of #content tbh.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed that Ciftci seems to be a reasonably normal guy. Thought he'd have at least bit somebody by now.