Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, wee_bairn said:

Did he possess any raw ability where you could see with the right coaching, position and a drop in level he could succeed with? Motherwell are night and day ahead of us at the moment; any improvement on Alex Harris is welcomed.

To be serious about him for a moment, he's just a bit shite tbh. When he signed it seemed as if he was brought in as a pacy winger/attacker which is what we needed at the time, but he never actually proved to be that quick. Together with his absolutely rotten first touch, inability to beat a man or cross a ball and his woeful throw ins he was a waste of a jersey. I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be as he also played through the middle where he proved to be equally rank.

No harm to him, I hope he does well. But, god damn, he was absolutely honking.

Just now, well fan for life said:

To be serious about him for a moment, he's just a bit shite tbh. When he signed it seemed as if he was brought in as a pacy winger/attacker which is what we needed at the time, but he never actually proved to be that quick. Together with his absolutely rotten first touch, inability to beat a man or cross a ball and his woeful throw ins he was a waste of a jersey. I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be as he also played through the middle where he proved to be equally rank.

No harm to him, I hope he does well. But, god damn, he was absolutely honking.

Thanks for a better reply.

"PML he's brutal" response didn't quite cut the mustard. Plenty players you would see as out their depth would be more than capable at our level. Doesn't sound promising at all but will give him a chance nonetheless.

The biggest reaction to a close season signing in this thread is a Petravicius pile-on :lol:

ETA - We all know what happens when we get Falkirk in the cup, right....

Edited by Swello

Did he not do well when he first played for the '20's and we all thought he was promising? @capt_oats or someone else who watches them regularly will remember it - but I'm sure he scored a good goal at that level....

Edited by Swello

Just now, Swello said:

Did he not do well when he first played for the '20's and we all thought he was promising? @capt_oats or someone else who watches them regularly will remember it - but I'm sure he scored a good goal at that level....

He scored an absolute peach of a penalty, but I think that was about it.

Just now, Swello said:

Did he not do well when he first played for the '20's and we all thought he was promising? @capt_oats or someone who watches them regularly will remember it - but I'm sure he scored a good goal at that level....

Yeah, he did. The game I was at was against Thistle. Puts a cracking ball in for Fisher, won a penalty and scored the 3rd where he beat a few Thistle players and tucks it in the bottom corner.

The problem for me (aside from his first touch and everything else that's been covered) was that he just didn't seem to know what he was supposed to be doing. Nominally he seems a winger but we don't play with wingers and seemed to want to take a punt on converting him into a striker.

It was clear he didn't really have a place in the team. I'm not really critical of Robinson for much but patching Maclean from the cup final bench to stick Petravicius in there still irks me.

So Flow's been on the Twitter. The central midfielder is awaiting international clearance...f**k knows who it is then (I take it that includes England as well).

Also, shoutout to the pass/agg bawbags in our support.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So Flow's been on the Twitter. The central midfielder is awaiting international clearance...f**k knows who it is then (I take it that includes England as well).

Also, shoutout to the pass/agg bawbags in our support.

The poor guy is up to his eyes in dirty nappies and folk are hassling him about new signings and strips.

There must be times when he wishes he wasn't quite as open with all the information he gives us

3 hours ago, Swello said:

I saw him score well into the season in an U20s game at Forthbank. Someone put the ball in front of him and he ran unopposed from the touchline, at speed, and slipped the ball past the keeper.  He is good at straight lines and not having to beat anyone.  Don't think he is a footballer though.  Combs his hair well, very neat, possibly uses brylcreem

Edited by ropy

I wish Petravicius all the best. I always expected and hoped he would come good. I did think he had pace and you never know a different club may well see a different player. I wish him well at Falkirk.

Pleased with ATS signing. Liked him when he was at Thistle. I think the additions are very much strengthening the squad in general which is what Robinson was and is setting out to do. 

Sponsor announced and strips soon. All s WELL in the world. 

Shout on Steelmenonline that the mystery midfielder is Ryan Gauld, obviously it’s not, but will be interesting to see if he ends up back in Scotland or sticks it out following Sporting’s meltdown. 

There was also an ITK type claiming Liam Henderson, which doesn’t even require comment.

Edited by Londonwell

The Gauld shout is a laugh - but if we signed a player of that type, the folk that have turned into total football purists over the past season would quickly be back into the "he doesnae put a tackle in" and "lazy bastart" mode in no time.