Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Shout on Steelmenonline that the mystery midfielder is Ryan Gauld, obviously it’s not, but will be interesting to see if he ends up back in Scotland or sticks it out following Sporting’s meltdown. 

There was also an ITK type claiming Liam Henderson, which doesn’t even require comment.

Edited by Londonwell

The Gauld shout is a laugh - but if we signed a player of that type, the folk that have turned into total football purists over the past season would quickly be back into the "he doesnae put a tackle in" and "lazy bastart" mode in no time.

Decent move for Maclean, imagine that will be it for him at Fir Park though.

Which would be a shame really as he’s shown some potential in the limited game time he did get, for whatever reason though his face just didn’t seem to fit under Robinson.

What kind of player are we getting? Think he will do well in Championship?

What's his best position? We have called him a young forward who can play out wide on our official site but notice you have down as a midfielder!

Edited by madton

13 minutes ago, madton said:

What kind of player are we getting? Think he will do well in Championship?

What's his best position? We have called him a young forward who can play out wide on our official site but notice you have down as a midfielder!

I think he'll be fine in the Championship.

I always saw him as a quite natural successor to Cadden at right midfield for is but that's kind of gone out the window since we've had a reasonable amount of success with a back 3 with wing backs. He's never a wing back and there seemed to be a ton of options ahead of him in the central area.

I'd say he's probably best described as an attacking midfielder. He could easily do a job as a #10, right mid in a 442 or as part of a 3 in a 433.

It'd be a shame if that's it for him with us because he's not actually done that much wrong in his time. However at his age he 100% needs games so this seems like a good move for him. I notice we've got a recall option for him after 6 months.

Edited by capt_oats

Yeah, bit disappointed with how things worked out with MacLean tbh. Any time I see him, he looks great, seems to be a fit guy, just hasn't been given much more than a sniff. 

Hope he does well and is recalled at Christmas.

Looking forward to the entire Motherwell support thinking he'll be amazing simply because he's got an exotic sounding name.

What I will say is that after looking at the wee tweets MFC put out announcing the signings, he's got a far better signature than Aaron Taylor-Sinclair. 

We've not been dabbling in the furriners market much recently - so it will be interesting to see what made us change approach for this guy. I'm at the stage of the close season where I'm still enjoying the saturdays off but where we've got some new players that I'd like to see in action - keen to see this guy in particular as you'd have to hope he's very different to what we have.

ETA - I see 'Flow was the interviewer on the video with Gorrin, the crying must be driving him mad already and he's headed into work :) 

Edited by Swello