Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:19, Mr. Brightside said:

IMG_4387.jpg
There’s yer kits lads, dece.

White shorts with a home top is fucking miles oot.  I know Alan Burrows is a big fan of it, so I assume he's had a big say in it now we've had twice in the last four home kits.  It's one of the few things I very much disagree with him on. 

Put the home top with the away shorts/socks.

Put the away top with the home shorts/socks. 

Job's a goodun'!  Who's a dab hand with the photoshop malarkey? 

8 hours ago, Desp said:

White shorts with a home top is fucking miles oot.  I know Alan Burrows is a big fan of it, so I assume he's had a big say in it now we've had twice in the last four home kits.  It's one of the few things I very much disagree with him on. 

Put the home top with the away shorts/socks.

Put the away top with the home shorts/socks. 

Job's a goodun'!  Who's a dab hand with the photoshop malarkey? 

Here you go mate

wellstrips.thumb.png.eef010d74e040daae29dc9eebfb78b84.png

Seemless photoshopping skillz

44 minutes ago, Desp said:
Some man!
Is that not just two absolute classics right there?

Actually blows my tiny little brain that anyone would look at that and prefer the white shorts with the home kit because “white shorts are our traditional colours”.

Edited by capt_oats

They do look really good and I'd be happy with that  (although I don't mind white shorts in the home strip to be honest)...

Also, see Ryan Jack is greeting in the press about Cedric's tackle on him many moons ago. The amount of whining that Rangers have done about us over the past year has been remarkable - and quite funny.

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Elliot Frear will have been decapitated within a day NAP.

Frear's a good player but he looks like he's got absolutely no confidence in his own ability just now. Someone needs to lock him in a room and show him highlights of himself going past people to see if he remembers how to do it.

I know he has his fans on here and certainly there’s been issues out with his control- injuries and our formation of choice most weeks- however I think Frear’s just a fairly limited player at the end of the day.

Don’t mind having him about the squad next season as he gives us an option to change things up but I don’t think he’ll ever really be anything more than a squad player at this level.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

They do look really good and I'd be happy with that  (although I don't mind white shorts in the home strip to be honest)...

Also, see Ryan Jack is greeting in the press about Cedric's tackle on him many moons ago. The amount of whining that Rangers have done about us over the past year has been remarkable - and quite funny.

....and Cellic

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

#youngmotherwell

Dgnd5K8U8AAw_tX.jpg

Winnable tie for our youngsters, away tie as well, so will be good to see how they handle the pressures of playing against senior pros.   I know Craigan is very much a fan of this tournament as he feels it helps the development of the younger players playing against players who are perhaps more physically stronger and the results matter to them on a weekly basis.

And so it begins. We will definitely have some "outs" before the window closes down south, it's just a matter of how many and how much we rake in - I'll be sad to see Kipre go if it happens - one of the most fun defenders to watch in a good few years.

Kipre at a million would be excellent business. Even more so with a decent sell-on clause.   

The reported 40% sell-on fee for Carson has put the club in a delicate position.  What's a decent keeper worth to us per season? A quarter million in cup games and league position? It could well be that just for the feel-good factor as watching recent Motherwell keepers would put you off going to Fir Park. 

Burrows must be fuming he agreed to 40%.  We're very unlikely to get true value to the club for Carson, and we'll need to balance the potential income loss against irritating agents and players. The whole idea is to give players a shop window. To deny them moves which could treble their wages won't sit well. Especially players on the wrong side of thirty.