Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, AndyRoss said:

Daily Record reporting Hastie has agreed terms on a four year deal with Rangers.

They also add it's a deal where he will earn 15 GRAND  a week!

Can't see it.  Rangers aren't known for wildly throwing money about. 

3 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

Daily Record reporting Hastie has agreed terms on a four year deal with Rangers.

They also add it's a deal where he will earn 15 GRAND  a week!

They surely wont be paying him that much, he looks good an all, but hes had what, a decent two months?

Footballs mental.

That's yer Adam Livingstone signed a year extension...

Interesting bit of chat in the news story that possibly balances out the whole "he's been hung out to dry" narrative that people seem to like.

“Adam is a player with a lot of raw talent and potential,” he said.

“We’ve asked a lot of him in terms of his football on and off the park, and to his credit, he has embraced that and deserves his new deal.

“It’s now up to him to make that left back position his own, the same way Allan Campbell, David Turnbull and Jake Hastie have cemented their spot in the team. I certainly believe he has it in him.”

Livingstone spent a short spell on loan at League One side East Fife last season and is looking forward to the challenge of joining his fellow youngsters in the Fir Park first team.

“I am delighted to have extended my contract at the club,” he said.

“The manager has been great with me. He’s been very clear about what I need to do and has even taken his own personal time to try and help improve my game.

“I am desperate to be a success here, My family and I have all been lifelong supporters of the club, and all my focus is now establishing myself.”

Good lad.

Edit: McGarry rubbishing the Hastie story too.

Edited by capt_oats

Can I just put this out there.

David Turnbull is the best and most complete footballer we have ever produced.

McFadden clearly the most enigmatic and O’Donnell a club legend and outstanding player. However Turnbull is just an utter joy to watch.

His composure, range of passing and ability to retain the ball is levels above.

He didn’t have his best of games today but tells it all when you have a team like St Johnstone coming to Fir Park and they man mark him.

A top top talent and easily a £2.5m player right now.

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Can I just put this out there.

David Turnbull is the best and most complete footballer we have ever produced.

McFadden clearly the most enigmatic and O’Donnell a club legend and outstanding player. However Turnbull is just an utter joy to watch.

His composure, range of passing and ability to retain the ball is levels above.

He didn’t have his best of games today but tells it all when you have a team like St Johnstone coming to Fir Park and they man mark him.

A top top talent and easily a £2.5m player right now.

I disagree...

Only with the asking price though. £5m

Noticed a wee bit of chatter (well, one tweet for some wee guy) on The Twitter dot com that Ousmane Fané to us from Oldham is a "done deal".

Robinson signed him when he was there and his deal's up there in the summer though a wee bit of detective work on Oldham's forum says he's already away (and gives Robbo a shout out in his IG post). Judging by a couple of replies to the tweet it seems he had a fall out with Oldham's maniac owner or something and also broke his leg and dislocated his ankle last summer.

Would make sense if McHugh's moving on.

IIRC Robinson mentioned that he already had a couple of players signed up in an interview with Graham Spiers the other week.

6ft 4 and his highlight reel is basically 20 mins of him tackling folk to some techno beats.

Edited by capt_oats

Noticed a wee bit of chatter (well, one tweet for some wee guy) on The Twitter dot com that Ousmane Fané to us from Oldham is a "done deal".
Robinson signed him when he was there and his deal's up there in the summer though a wee bit of detective work on Oldham's forum says he may already be away. Judging by a couple of replies to the tweet it seems he had a fall out with Oldham's maniac owner or something and also broke his leg and dislocated his ankle last summer.
Would make sense if McHugh's moving on.
IIRC Robinson mentioned that he already had a couple of players signed up in an interview with Graham Spiers the other week.
6ft 4 and his highlight reel is basically 20 mins of him tackling folk to some techno beats.

I’m no Columbo, but I reckon him being out for dinner with Charlie Dunne, Ally Gorrín and Gboly might have given the game away here.

(It’s on big Charlie’s Instagram. I’m not a stalker.)