Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

This is one of these times where a decent chunk of that money is going to have to be re-invested in first team rather than longer term stuff. 

The main fear is that is can be hard to get decent players in January - it might be a case of paying fees for players in their last 6 months at other clubs...

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

This is one of these times where a decent chunk of that money is going to have to be re-invested in first team rather than longer term stuff. 

The main fear is that is can be hard to get decent players in January - it might be a case of paying fees for players in their last 6 months at other clubs...

In that case #announcecavani

4 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

I'll say this again though, we aren't getting enough playing time of out young talent. They are leaving far too early in my opinion.

While I agree, that's the deal just now, isn't it? We've lost a few before they've even kicked a ball, so those that are kicking around are doing it on the basis that they'll move on for money.

The figures chucked about re; Turnbull were ridiculous if there's even a hint of truth in them, life changing stuff. If we start hanging on to guys and telling them they can't go when that money is offered, we won't get them.

Still a blow, though.

If it is £1m up front only then I would be underwhelmed by this. Very underwhelmed. 
If it nets us £1.5m+ with add ons then maybe bearable but he is our best talent apart from Turnbull and Campbell.

We need to go and spend some of that money on a proven goalscorer. What about yon chap at Hartlepool we were linked with ?

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Still struggle to believe no one seems interested in Allan Campbell, possibly the greatest Motherwell player of all time. In saying that, I'm glad they aren't, I love him.

I've noticed he's getting closer and closer to going skinhead. 

Absolutely on board with it tbh.