Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Given Robinson's patter has been that we wouldn't be bringing anyone in unless someone leaves then does Sloth factor in to that (regardless of what happens with Scott)?

Presumably Cornelius or Semple will just take the Danish Prince's spot in the first team squad.

Free up space in the budget for 2 forwards if big JS is also out the door? I mean surely to f**k Sloth's mutual consenting has been on the cards and is something we'd have been planning for.

It has to have been - but I'm unclear as to why we needed to wait until the last day of the window to do it if we had any expectation to use his wage to fill a forward slot.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

It has to have been - but I'm unclear as to why we needed to wait until the last day of the window to do it if we had any expectation to use his wage to fill a forward slot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I'd have thought that mutually consenting would be a last resort of sorts so I can understand that we'd have used the window to try and find a taker.

Still seems to be chat that we're hoping to bring in a replacement should Scott complete the Hull move. So that's something I suppose.

52 minutes ago, Desp said:

David Templeton being released from Burton Albion as he's returning home to Scotland. 

I don't follow a lot of League One football in England, has he been playing much? Seemed to do quite well when he was up here with Accies. 

Or has his knee fell off again? 

After they signed Jamie Murphy that half the ‘Well fans didn’t want back at Fir Park? 
It’s a no from me.

1 minute ago, 18May1991 said:

After they signed Jamie Murphy that half the ‘Well fans didn’t want back at Fir Park? 
It’s a no from me.

All good. He's heading back to Accies.

7 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I read that as Jamie Murphy has signed for Accies.
I nearly cried. 

Mind when they sold the two Jameses, lost  all leave of their senses and started trying to chuck cash at Jamie Murphy and Scott Arfield?  Halcyon days tbh, that iteration of Accies were a much better laugh than the current mob.

4 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Random shout but with Rangers being linked with a million strikers I wonder if Greg Stewart is available on loan?

Fucking hell that would be class actually. I'm turning off my phone until 3pm tomorrow and hoping Greg Stewart's starting upfront when I get to Livi.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

I think, given the reported figure for Scott, it was simply too good to run down.

He’s got undoubted potential, he’s got many positive elements to his game, but there’s also a pretty raw side too.

It’s been mentioned by multiple posters already, potential can go either way, injuries can occur and while it would have been nice to keep him until the summer I think there would have been a fair degree of risk in doing so.

I know the Record and various others carried the ‘MASSIVE LOSSES’ story when the reality was markedly different, though if we’d went another transfer window without selling a player, maybe we’d be heading for times where our hand was forced a little?