Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

28 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Third, chuck in Casagolda.

Anyone follow Declan on instagram btw?

Yes and I did see him post about his "brother" I never looked at the pic to be fair so was it Tony Watt? Or an actual Brother?

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I also see Stuart McCall has been appointed Bradford manager. Hadn't even realised he'd left tbh

They sacked him when they were 6th in League 1 in Feb 2018. They've gone through 5 managers since (including David Hopkin). Were relegated last season and sacked Gary Bowyer the other day so he's back for a 3rd time (almost 2 years to the day from them sacking him the last time).

58 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

At this very late stage I would firmly like to jump (two footed) on the #WELCOMETONY bandwagon..

If he proves he is fit I think we will offer him something short-term. Robinson isn't daft and will have seen what we all seen on Saturday and the last few games.

Based on his goalscoring record at all his previous clubs, if he were to start every league game for us between now and the end of the season, he'd score 2.5 goals.

I'm not really on the hype train, I'm afraid.

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

They sacked him when they were 6th in League 1 in Feb 2018. They've gone through 5 managers since (including David Hopkin). Were relegated last season and sacked Gary Bowyer the other day so he's back for a 3rd time (almost 2 years to the day from them sacking him the last time).

Has he ever actually been 'successful' at Bradford as manager? I know he's obviously a club legend there from his playing days but he always seems to end up back there managing somehow.

Still, rather them than us.

21 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Based on his goalscoring record at all his previous clubs, if he were to start every league game for us between now and the end of the season, he'd score 2.5 goals.

I'm not really on the hype train, I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, Desp said:

He's going to be shite and I, for one, will blame each and everyone of you as the disaster unfolds. 

ORRRRDER ORRRRDER!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119519e0906e5d747056

38 minutes ago, MJC said:

Has he ever actually been 'successful' at Bradford as manager? I know he's obviously a club legend there from his playing days but he always seems to end up back there managing somehow.

Still, rather them than us.

He took them to the play off finals but lost the final. I'm sure he also took them up to the Premiership in his first stint. 

We have moved on a lot since McCall was with us.

19 minutes ago, Mitch said:

He took them to the play off finals but lost the final. I'm sure he also took them up to the Premiership in his first stint

We have moved on a lot since McCall was with us.

He was a player back then (and celebrated by falling off a motor pished!)

He did have a short temporary spell in charge in the Premiership years just before Jim Jeffries took over.