Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The Record has the article written by Keith Jackson and Scott Burns which I take to mean the story has come from Burns and Jackson is also putting his name to it and has added in a few extra references to Celtic.

A few grammatical errors and racial slurs as well probably.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

34 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The Record has the article written by Keith Jackson and Scott Burns which I take to mean the story has come from Burns and Jackson is also putting his name to it and has added in a few extra references to Celtic.

Scott Burns has tended to be pretty accurate with Motherwell stuff over a long period of time - if it was only Jackson, I'd disregard it.

On the Turnball move itself - I honestly don't know if him hypothetically going to Stoke for a 7-figure fee and a good sell-on would be better or worse than him hypothetically going to Newcastle for a slightly larger 7 figure fee. You could make the argument that if he was outstanding in the Championship and then got a move to a Premier League club off the back of that, it could be more valuable to us than if he moved straight to the English top flight (the same argument could be made in favour of a move to Celtic)...

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Scott Burns has tended to be pretty accurate with Motherwell stuff over a long period of time - if it was only Jackson, I'd disregard it.

On the Turnball move itself - I honestly don't know if him hypothetically going to Stoke for a 7-figure fee and a good sell-on would be better or worse than him hypothetically going to Newcastle for a slightly larger 7 figure fee. You could make the argument that if he was outstanding in the Championship and then got a move to a Premier League club off the back of that, it could be more valuable to us than if he moved straight to the English top flight (the same argument could be made in favour of a move to Celtic)...

100% this. Look at John McGinn after a season in the Championship. If Villa go down, they'll easily get £25m for him from an EPL side. That's a decent sell on for Hibs. 

Stoke, if they stay up this season, will improve under Michael O'Neill next season IMO. A good season there, under a proven manager and with a mid-table/playoff chasing side, opens up plenty of doors for a move to a lower end EPL side for daft money. 

For all we love to hype up Turnbull just now, he's nowhere near the level of where Stuart Armstrong is. In time, he can get there and beyond, but not just now. 

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Lots of folk who seem certain things are or aren't going to happen.

Sounds like a football forum to me.....

The club are under no pressure to sell Turnbull so I very much doubt we would accept a low ball offer. Mainly it has to be said thanks to Turnbull signing for another year (extension). Very much to protect us. 

I would be surprised if any club bid for Turnbull before the season started and he proves himself to be back to similar levels of performance. 

There may be nothing in these stories or it may force Celtic to make a move. Either way it would need to be a similar deal to last time for it to be worth our while ! 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

If Norwich sell Tod Cantwell as rumoured think Turnbull would be a shoe in as his replacement

A well run and well coached Championship club would kick his development to bigger and better things 

Not a bad place to live in the country either 

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:
Tony Watt is a bit of a ghoul. Constantly tweeting that Logan Paul guy and wearing all his merch.

Going by his Twitter Watt seems like a nice enough guy but a bit of a roaster.

Ach aye I meant him no harm. His fitba views are pretty wild at times too.

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In other news Nixon's been updating on the Lang situ.

The fee is less than £500k (not a surprise)...

But it's a relatively decent amount.

And just to add on to this, it’s seemingly almost done?

07B521EF-3558-45C3-9896-6A8433B9E20D.jpeg

I know we don’t ever pay out big money but it’s a real statement from the club if we do, I know it’s probably money from Kipre or whatever we will never know. Just shows with us being debt free we can really step up and attract very good players, Europa league has obviously had a big impact on that this season. Can’t see it being anything over 200k IMO.

Edited by supermarv

17 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Just shows with us being debt free we can really step up and attract very good players, Europa league has obviously had a big impact on that this season.

To be brutally honest, I don't know why... any player who's done any hint of research would know there's a pretty high chance they'll get one or two European games at most against mediocre opposition before we're papped oot.

Edited by Gallus Numpty