Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

#Grezza

Interesting he talks about the competition as such in training maybe highlighting the younger and/or fringe players weren’t good enough or able to compete in training for starting positions etc.

Must say a could listen to this guy all day long puts a smile on my face everytime GA > Robbo.

45 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Interesting he talks about the competition as such in training maybe highlighting the younger and/or fringe players weren’t good enough or able to compete in training for starting positions etc.

Must say a could listen to this guy all day long puts a smile on my face everytime GA > Robbo.

Bit of a stretch that from the interview?

There is certainly a bigger picture, just not for debate on here for now.

I’ve said similar about Robinson’s media output. May we’ll be in the minority, not quite buying Alexander’s soundbite thus far.

2 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

I’ve said similar about Robinson’s media output. May we’ll be in the minority, not quite buying Alexander’s soundbite thus far.

Who’s your son? 

20 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Who’s your son? 

Behave. My son sits in the end section of the East Stand.

Was a genuine question. Without opening up the development player debate, was curios as to how you came to that conclusion.

Edited by Onthefringes

14 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Was a genuine question. Without opening up the development player debate, was curios as to how you came to that conclusion.

How did he get in there with the whole lock down restrictions? He would be caught on camera during every game!

Guest superward
1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Yeah I took that from it too. Maybe just a passing comment so don't want to over analyse it. But he defintley mentions the training aspect and it's fair, I think, to make the suggestion he therefore maybe doesn't think the squad (at this moment in time) as a whole was good enough to challenge each other to his satisfaction. 

49 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

46 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Who’s your son? 

:lol: yasssss

14 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

How did he get in there with the whole lock down restrictions? He would be caught on camera during every game!

Droll. Very droll. When allowed obviously.

As for cameras catching anybody - not a chance. Your big mate Robert Park struggles with them... vandalism & theft by fans from other teams under cover of darkness. He’s even tried using them to see three of our own in court and failed.

42 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Once @capt_oats reveals the interview in words for exact you’ll see the part where he mentions it not totally saying youth or fringe players but implies it.

16 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

As a fan owned club we should announce all our future signings outside fine Lanarkshire eating establishments. The players could hold paneer and other culinary delights like Sammon and the pizza.

I mean there is a precedent. Looking forward to Tony Watt proudly displaying his spicy chicken ferno. 

Love that concept. 

Before the game: You're a finely honed athlete; Train hard, live well, look after yourself

After the game: Here's a Large Butter Chicken, A Keema Naan, 6 bottles of Kingfisher to wash it down and we've stuck a couple of Bhajis in as you're a good customer

Just now, Swello said:

Love that concept. 

Before the game: You're a finely honed athlete; Train hard, live well, look after yourself

After the game: Here's a Large Butter Chicken, A Keema Naan, 6 bottles of Kingfisher to wash it down and we've stuck a couple of Bhajis in as you're a good customer

In fairness when Dean Brill turned up he looked like he'd been having that before the game. And for breakfast every morning. 

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Love that concept. 

Mind folk got raging at Lee Erwin eating nandos, imagine the outcry!

8 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mind folk got raging at Lee Erwin eating nandos, imagine the outcry!

HAHA! I forgot about that - ghouls stalking youth players instagram to see if they opted for Piri-Piri Fries instead of a green salad. 

ETA: If nothing else, this thread is making me (a) constantly hungry and (b) craving to go out somewhere for dinner

Edited by Swello