Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Did GA give Devante Cole a paneer? Guys on fire hope he realises playing at his best is here and we sign him up quickly. Saw him as a real coup when we got him last season glad he’s showing how good he is, definitely a number 9.

Chris Long looks a new man again and back to his best, if he wanted to be here with GA coming in I always said I’d give him a second chance as I loved him last season, but the la has certainly got it going on again. 

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Might have misheard but did Lewis Irons just say that Aaron Chapman has ‘recently left’ ??

I think he just misspoke, he will still be hanging about to make up the numbers in the 3 x 11 matches in the thunderdome.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Are Well converting part of the JSH Stand to safe standing? They've removed the seats from the Bois section.

No - but it made me all nostalgic seeing the old terracing peeping through...

Guest superward
3 hours ago, supermarv said:

Well there’s the nae Gallagher n the big man on a spree of liking fans tweets then removing it... how club captain like, regardless of negative comments or not extremely poor on his part.

All I can see is the club saying he will be back and himself saying he will be back. What's the problem? 

I don't think I've ever seen a football team ask our forwards to carry the ball as far and as often as we do? 

It clears suits our squad/lack of wingers but it's some laugh seeing Watt, Cole or Long pick up the ball up in our own half and drive forward about 20 times a game.

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't think I've ever seen a football team ask our forwards to carry the ball as far and as often as we do? 

It clears suits our squad/lack of wingers but it's some laugh seeing Watt, Cole or Long pick up the ball up in our own half and drive forward about 20 times a game.

Was thinking that - all three looked burst as a result. No complaints though as Utd's defence had a horrible time against them.

22 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Goal and assist along with a generally solid debut for white tonight , typical really!

One of those things. I don't think any Motherwell fan thinks we should have kept him but at the same time nobody will wish him any harm. 

That start at County will do him the world of good. In his first three league games for us, he won a penalty in the first and scored in games two and three. The penalty was missed and the two goals were chopped off. Sliding door moments. He barely got a sniff after that. 

I'd be tempted to start Smith and Cole up top against Celtic, purely because the way to rattle them is just fire the ball into the box at their keeper/centre halves as often as possible. Maguire, SOD, Carroll and Watt instructed to vary the angles of their delivery every time they can.

Maguire has to start as his set-piece delivery is the best we have, and swinging them in to Bevis, Cole and Smith should cause Celtic problems at the back.

We also need someone loitering around the edge of the box waiting for anything Celtic win but don't clear properly.