Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I get people are pissed off. I am too. But I will say again we should never have lost that tonight. We had a good few chances to score. On another day….
Ross County on the other hand had a very soft penalty to help them win. I cannot recall Kelly having many of any saves to make.
If County won comfortably tonight then yes I would say Alexander should go but that was not the case tonight.

Saying it as I see it.

I'll have a pint of what you're having. 

Get him launched. 

It's a strange one , we had the better chances and more of them and lost to a non-penalty , but in no sense do I feel we were robbed . Our team tonight literally looked like 11 folk who had never met each other before , and half of them looked like they'd never seen a ball before.  

Tonight was summed up perfectly in injury time when we finally wake up and look like we have got our act together, the ball comes out to our international right back with the chance to maintain the building pressure and .... it bobbles off his foot for a throw in . 

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

It's a strange one , we had the better chances and more of them and lost to a non-penalty , but in no sense do I feel we were robbed . Our team tonight literally looked like 11 folk who had never met each other before , and half of them looked like they'd never seen a ball before.  

Tonight was summed up perfectly in injury time when we finally wake up and look like we have got our act together, the ball comes out to our international right back with the chance to maintain the building pressure and .... it bobbles off his foot for a throw in . 

On SOD, I don't know if I've ever seen a player look so devoid of confidence in a Motherwell shirt. Looks like he doesn't have any belief that he can put a cross in or win a tackle.

12 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Our team tonight literally looked like 11 folk who had never met each other before

The reality is that every week we line up with 11 folk that have never played together before, so bizarrely you're almost spot on. The fact that we're into March and the only player we know will be playing is Liam Kelly is absurd. I get the whole mentality of keeping players on their toes, no-ones guaranteed a place etc etc, but how can a player perform confidently when he's absolutely no idea if he's in with a chance of a game, and knows that if he does play then even if he has a stormer he's just as likely to be enjoying a comfortable Recaro the following week regardless. It's a nonsense.

I am a split bawhair away from having decided where the cutbacks will be coming from to make up for the upcoming energy price rises.

Edited by Al B

4 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

On SOD, I don't know if I've ever seen a player look so devoid of confidence in a Motherwell shirt. Looks like he doesn't have any belief that he can put a cross in or win a tackle.

Aye , think he finally put a cross in late on but he looked like he would only cross if it was literally his last option. Could practically see the relief on his face every time he was able to pass it back to Woolery after just receiving it from him.  

On 28/02/2022 at 07:48, ropy said:

With the new 5 subs rule it seems a dereliction of duty if we don’t use at least 2 of them at half time.  As seen yesterday we have a squad of players who can all do a job so we are not restricted to a first XI ‘good’ players.  At half time we could be losing and something new should be tried, we could be winning and the opposition manager has spent time working out how to combat us, so change it up.  At the very least 2 fresh sets of legs should bring impetus to a second half.

The half time change doesn’t count as one of our three changes.  So a free hit.

We have a squad and now have a licence to get more of them on the park for longer, happier players, happier squad, more success.

I think I have just cracked management.

I still believe this is true, how can the manager have looked at the first half and think there is nothing he could do to improve things.  Even 2 like for like changes provides us with fresh legs for the second half.

8 minutes ago, Al B said:

I am a split bawhair away from having decided where the cutbacks will be coming from to make up for the upcoming energy price rises.

You'll not be alone in this. 

They were dishing out free season tickets this year and the fans are still not getting value for money.

14 minutes ago, Al B said:

You know that I was saying this as well. Personally I should be ok but if I have to choose watching that or cutting something else. I might need persuaded not to part with my ST money.

13 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Aye , think he finally put a cross in late on but he looked like he would only cross if it was literally his last option. Could practically see the relief on his face every time he was able to pass it back to Woolery after just receiving it from him.  

SOD is utter shite.

I am not having anything else. He moves like a broken oil tanker and I reckon if you gave me 3 weeks I'd get my fat arse geared up enough to beat him in a sprint.

On chances we should never have lost but County can say they had the goal so didn't need to do any more and our efforts to break them down we're feeble.

As for Alexander, so may questions which get repeated almost week after week. For all I don't like him and his approach, I think he actually could be an okay manager - but if he was half as clever as he thinks he is he'd be twice as clever as he actually is. He needs to pick a team and stick to it, and then our glaring errors with the squad bat might not turn out to be fatal.

Fair to say if we don't win on Saturday it'll be toxic and hard to argue it's not deserved.

SOD was county's best player tonight , which is some going coz he had stiff competition from at least a dozen other players.  

Mind when we had a free kick for offside 5 yards in our half and within 10 passes Kelly was swinging wildly at a ball fizzed across his 6 yard box without a County player touching the ball once . That was fun . 

At the start of the season we were horrible to watch but grinded out results. 30% possession at home with 2 shots but one of them went in and was usually enough. The 6-1 Rangers game ended that, so we changed it, played some football for a change and were better to watch with some wins. Since the break we've had decent possession and shots, but converts and results way down. Bring back Alexanderball I say!

38 minutes ago, Al B said:

The fact that we're into March and the only player we know will be playing is Liam Kelly is absurd.

At first I thought you were exaggerating to make a point, but after giving it about 5 seconds thought this is a really good observation. We have zero consistent partnerships anywhere on the pitch. 

20 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Mind when we had a free kick for offside 5 yards in our half and within 10 passes Kelly was swinging wildly at a ball fizzed across his 6 yard box without a County player touching the ball once . That was fun

The blind panic in our defence at times was almost laughable. I mean I'm not expecting us to be 2009 Barcelona but surely passing a ball to someone in the same coloured shirt isn't too much to ask.

27 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The blind panic in our defence at times was almost laughable. I mean I'm not expecting us to be 2009 Barcelona but surely passing a ball to someone in the same coloured shirt isn't too much to ask.

Over what sort of distance?

33 minutes ago, CoF said:

At first I thought you were exaggerating to make a point, but after giving it about 5 seconds thought this is a really good observation. We have zero consistent partnerships anywhere on the pitch. 

He's right, this is 100% the case. Alexander's brand of football is horrible to watch, but things are surely only exacerbated by the fact that the personnel changes wildly from week to week.

Managers need to be trusted to pick the team that they deem best to get results,  but If the current form continues then those in charge at the club need to start asking what is going on, and the first question on their lips has to be around his Lottery style team selections. The football is bad, but the lack of consistency and cohesion can't possibly help. 

5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

He's right, this is 100% the case. Alexander's brand of football is horrible to watch, but things are surely only exacerbated by the fact that the personnel changes wildly from week to week.

Managers need to be trusted to pick the team that they deem best to get results,  but If the current form continues then those in charge at the club need to start asking what is going on, and the first question on their lips has to be around his Lottery style team selections. The football is bad, but the lack of consistency and cohesion can't possibly help. 

Well the New rangers never lost to a penalty that Would never be looked all good in the media ta