Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m not that bothered about O’Hara being away. He’s replaceable so I’ll leave it at that. I’m not even sure if we offered him anything?

Another player getting away from Alexander though?

There was an article went up on the official site the other week where he said that he hadn't been offered anything "as such".

"I have not been offered anything as such yet but I am obviously trying to play well to earn it."

Link

Then again that's him missed 33 of Alexander's 60 games in charge now so...it's not a massive surprise?

Edited by capt_oats

Then again that's him missed 33 of Alexander's 60 games in charge now so...it's not a massive surprise?

I mean fair play to him for sorting himself out if there’s nothing on the table.

Much of his Motherwell career can be described as injured mehness.

32 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: Aye I'm not actually reading anything into it, they're obviously still good pals which makes sense. I did just laugh at hearing the O'Hara news then about 20 minutes later seeing Carroll mountaineering with another St Mirren player.

I completely forgot about this btw.

DduSF9nZqXDAqnfVoUAA==

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Many others wanting away from the manager.

19 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Another player getting away from Alexander though?

13 minutes ago, 21maxwell said:

It does give over heavy get away from Alexander vibes.

I defo think there is something in this

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Fwiw, the remaining Robinson signings at the club are:

OOC - Grimshaw, Donnelly

Contracted - Fox, O'Donnell, Carroll, Mugabi, McGinley

Good laugh when he breaks the Buddies transfer record to sign McGinley.

I’d imagine those out of contract will follow Ohara out the door just a pity they couldn’t take a few others with them😏. Spoke to Stevie Hammell last week asked him if he could get back into training as our current two options couldn’t lace his boots 😉

I like O'Hara in that he's very much a "solid pro" and a good squad player to have around who always puts in a shift. Not someone who would ever be first name on the team sheet though, or one to build a team around, so if true that he's one of our highest earners then I think we could use that money better.

All this unrest has big Jim Gannon vibes though.

28 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

I like O'Hara in that he's very much a "solid pro" and a good squad player to have around who always puts in a shift. Not someone who would ever be first name on the team sheet though, or one to build a team around, so if true that he's one of our highest earners then I think we could use that money better.

All this unrest has big Jim Gannon vibes though.

Loved a draw anaw.

406144602_ScreenShot2022-03-21at20_09_46.thumb.png.1f332d50a056ddd185e64a5015da27c0.png

Robinson definitely knows who he likes as a player. Not in the least bit shocked that O'Hara has gone to St Mirren. Not too bothered about him leaving - he's one where I think most folk wouldn't have been too fussed either way whether he'd stayed or gone which probably says it all.