Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If that was a deflection or even Lamie own goal then Kelly might have a bit if an excuse but it looked awful.

A shame as we'd been in the game and the Rangers defence is pretty soft but sadly all too predictable.

Killie winning means it's brown trousers time as well.

The facts are we have been in almost all games. Heck in quite a few we have been the better team. 

But the one constant is that we chuck in goals routinely. Soft goals at that.

I said at the beginning of the season we needed more and better defenders. Probably went over the top a little. But our defence was shite last season. Alexander admitted as much. 

We have added two decent full backs but in central defence we have even fewer options than last season. So how was it ever going to pan out this season 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😡😡😡

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

I’ve passed the panic stage and I’m now moving into acceptance.

This is the year we finally go down lads. The only question remaining is how long for? I reckon 5 + years. 

We still have County in the league who are brutal. I think 11th will be where we finish and lose a play off. 

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

This is the year we finally go down lads. The only question remaining is how long for? I reckon 5 + years. 

I don't want us to go down (mainly because the next six months will be a misery) but I accepted it in 2015 and basically I've been chilled about it since. 

My previous big fear for the very future of the club is gone and yes, if we don't come back in two-three years tops then things might change but I'll worry about that when it happens.

Essentially clubs our size get relegated, it's happened to everyone else and if it's our turn I'm not going to cry about it.

6 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

So you say that today based on playing at Ibrox?

4 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

We still have County in the league who are brutal. I think 11th will be where we finish and lose a play off. 

County will spend in January. It might or might not work out for them. 

We need around 4 signings, all of them straight into the first team starters. I just don’t see it.

I’m agreed with Allroy - think this is the season we go down. sigh. 

The big Q is - did we need to spend £2m on the stadium including £1.2m on the pitch ? I appreciate both areas needed attention but have we gone too far to the detriment of player investment ? That is £1.2m more than Killie and Livi have spent on their pitch. Would 3 or 4 semi decent players on £100k PA have made a difference this season. I am sure it would have.

Hindsight is wonderful but if we do go down then I am sure it could have been avoided with more attention and investment in the player pool. 

Anyways I still (somehow) retain hope our results will pick up in 2023 and we will narrowly avoid the drop. Based on what I am not sure but I still think Killie and Ross County are worse than us 🤷‍♂️🙏🙏

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The big Q is - did we need to spend £2m on the stadium including £1.2m on the pitch ? I appreciate both areas needed attention but have we gone too far to the detriment of player investment ? That is £1.2m more than Killie and Livi have spent on their pitch. Would 3 or 4 semi decent players on £100k PA have made a difference this season. I am sure it would have.

Hindsight is wonderful but if we do go down then I am sure it could have been avoided with more attention and investment in the player pool. 

Anyways I still (somehow) retain hope our results will pick up in 2023 and we will narrowly avoid the drop. Based on what I am not sure but I still think Killie and Ross County are worse than us 🤷‍♂️🙏🙏

The short answer is yes, we did.

Did we need to take out operating insurance that saw us through Covid relatively unscathed?

We conceded 2 goals at home to a Killie team down to 10 men. 
Genuinely who did not think we would ship 3 or more at Ibrox. Not me for one. 
I have seen the 3 goals and every one is as per usual woeful defending. Most goals are but ours are almost as if there is no defence. And trust me there is no defence for this defence.

Livi is a huge game. Lose to them and we would be 9 points behind. Would pretty much confirm if we did not already know that the relegation battle will be fought out by 3 / 4 teams maximum. 

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The argument for the pitch was we were spending so much ever close season it would have a payback pretty soon rather than being a black hole. It was the Scottish government loan that was used I don’t know if that had any stipulations attached.

Evident that the vast majority if not all of the Conference League money and higher than budgeted league finish prize money must have been used to pay off GA and Lucketti.

But interesting to see all this chat off the back of a lacklustre display at the home of the team who we haven’t beaten in 20 years when Lennon Miller has been introduced purely for experience.

Last season was marked by the usual two teams sprinting away, Hearts by far the third best and the best being a piecemeal affair. I haven’t seen much of a different this season. 9 teams will limp to the split.