Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I’ve never seen a player drop as much as Penney did after his mistake for the second goal. He just didn’t want to be there afterwards. Hopefully put other clubs off from signing him.

Max Johnson, Tierney and McKinstry to start for me next week. Unless we have new signings that are better.

Somehow despite our best efforts we are still outside the bottom 2. Hard to believe. 

I was going to talk about the game. But simply cannot be arsed. It would only be the same as previous home games we have narrowly lost. 

Thank Christ our cup game is away. Even the one game we won at home was a incorrectly awarded penalty. 

See if we add any players this week 🙏

In the background flow is flipping tables and screaming at folk asking why he had to find out it was January from a Twitter w****r.

If it cheers anyone up, I just cut a chunk out of my finger and may need stitches, from sweeping. Which could be my second trip to a&e for a sweep related incident. 

Edited by rowsdower

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Burrows telling his reply guys what we already know but interesting to see we're looking at permanent and loans.

1257576994_Screenshot2023-01-08at18_17_30.thumb.png.6a966235f7b100eda4c2d97eced7946b.png
375604428_Screenshot2023-01-08at18_17_44.thumb.png.bf7775b1add77d9238153b9b3d78d4c1.png

Perma crocks Aarons and Moult must not count as panic signings, I guess. 

I’m away to download Twitter. 

Just absolutely scunnered turning up to watch this absolute gang atm.

The lack of competence at the basics is absolutely infuriating. Three soft as shite goals against a fucking dreadful hibernian side. Fair play they took their chances and three good finishes from Nisbet, but Sol wandering around like he's lost his glasses, Penney sleeping, and Sol once again failing to get across the fucking man. 

Atrocious. If Blaney isn't ready to step in and play then sign someone that fucking is because these won't do. 

ETA: Also, appreciate he isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'd give my right eye for someone with Porteous' attitude or ability, either works, in this team. No one even in the same breath in our squad for sheer fight.

Edited by thisGRAEME

20 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

The lack of competence at the basics is absolutely infuriating. Three soft as shite goals against a fucking dreadful hibernian side. Fair play they took their chances and three good finishes from Nisbet, but Sol wandering around like he's lost his glasses, Penney sleeping, and Sol once again failing to get across the fucking man. 

Atrocious. If Blaney isn't ready to step in and play then sign someone that fucking is because these won't do. 

This is broadly what I've been rolling my eyes at every time Hammell's stood up post-match talking about how we've been doing "good work" but need to improve defensively. Every.Fucking.Week.

We're 6 months into the season. If we're still shipping cheap, soft goals this deep into things then it reflects as much on Hammell and Kerr as it does the players.

If they can't drill a defence (apparently they can't) then get someone on board who fucking can.

I said it the other week but unless someone actually takes some sort of fucking ownership of things then aye, we're fucked.

Edited by capt_oats

I am not the most articulate but I honestly can't be bothered to try and say anything other than "dug shite" and "bunch of cúnts" when talking about Motherwell.

On a plus note I did shout some things at Douglas Ross today.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Burrows telling his reply guys what we already know but interesting to see we're looking at permanent and loans.

1257576994_Screenshot2023-01-08at18_17_30.thumb.png.6a966235f7b100eda4c2d97eced7946b.png
375604428_Screenshot2023-01-08at18_17_44.thumb.png.bf7775b1add77d9238153b9b3d78d4c1.png

Don’t want to read too much into Burrows trying to bat away nutters on Twitter: but that suggests we have Blaney and are now looking at forwards. 
I mean, yes we need a forward or two, but by f**k we need Centre backs and someone with some bite in midfield. Even more than forwards in my view. 

Hammell and Kerr can see this too can’t they? 🥺

1 minute ago, 18May1991 said:

Don’t want to read too much into Burrows trying to bat away nutters on Twitter: but that suggests we have Blaney and are now looking at forwards. 
I mean, yes we need a forward or two, but by f**k we need Centre backs and someone with some bite in midfield. Even more than forwards in my view. 

Hammell and Kerr can see this too can’t they? 🥺

Tbf, I read it more as Flow pointing out to yer man that actually we have signed someone - contrary to bawjaws "we haven't made a move" assertion.

Having said that I do have a worry that Hammell's entirely focussed on forwards from the POV that we're creating chances (or at least having plenty shots on goal) but not converting. The logic being that if we take more of our chances it takes the pressure off the defence.

That said, Hammell's post-match today sounded a bit of a road to Damascus moment.

Can't really add anything on what's already been said about this fucking shower. 

However, Hammell is currently failing as a First Team Manager and failing badly. 

This time last year Ricki Lamie was signing a pre-contract to f**k off to Dundee as he wasn't getting a regular start with us, and no-one was particularly bothered. Fast forward to the end of the season and he's had a run of games and is in decent form, but he's still Ricki Lamie. He's fortunate in the club opting to keep him after he gets out of the P/C when Dundee go down. The way some went on about it he'd suddenly turned into Maldini, him staying was a massive coup and his de-criers were shouted down.

As a squad player in the top flight he's fine, but there's no way we should have come into the season with him as our main central defender, no fucking way, especially as the options in Sol and Bevis to pair with him are the actual definition of bombscare.

Hammell persists that they're doing good work through the week, but you can only coach so much, if it's down to a basic lack of ability, well, you're fucked. Our centre halfs need to be better. Our centre halfs need to not be Lamie and Sol.

Edited by 'WellDel

12 minutes ago, Desp said:

However, Hammell is currently failing as a First Team Manager and failing badly. 

I kind of agree with this, but also kind of don't.

No, I don't understand why McKinstry has been out. No, I don't understand why we're setting up in the same way exposing the same issues.

Similarly; we fundamentally don't have a #6 to play the role, and it isn't Barry Maguire, we know that. I'm also not sure what else you're meant to do when your centre half's just... don't defend, from a managers perspective. Similarly falling apart against Killie.

The club is, and has, failed Hammell, more than Hammell is failing, imo.

That seems to be a recurring theme with Hammell in that the emphasis seems very much to be skewed towards performance rather than results. 

As much as I like Hammell the environment that he’s been in historically has been one where the results, to an extent, are secondary.  I can’t imagine him or Kerr tearing strips off folk.

Sadly the situation we’re in requires a b*****d or four to sort us out, in the dressing room and on the pitch.

48 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbf, I read it more as Flow pointing out to yer man that actually we have signed someone - contrary to bawjaws "we haven't made a move" assertion.

Having said that I do have a worry that Hammell's entirely focussed on forwards from the POV that we're creating chances (or at least having plenty shots on goal) but not converting. The logic being that if we take more of our chances it takes the pressure off the defence.

That said, Hammell's post-match today sounded a bit of a road to Damascus moment.

I would count Max Johnston as an addition to the squad but I suspect that means Penney is away and SOD is doing the left back thing - anticipate a knee injury within the month.