Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Any good?

Maybe?

Hammell gave him a debut in his first game in charge but we've not really seen him since. I think he picked up an injury which kept him out the squad.

From the POV that he's been in and around the first team squad when he's been available and Hammell was happy enough to chuck him in for his debut in the circumstances he did (2 days after Alexander had been binned) he probably falls into the "well thought of" bracket.

Needs games etc.

He seems a busy midfielder and the club's media team did a wee feature on him earlier in the season.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Maybe?

Hammell gave him a debut in his first game in charge but we've not really seen him since. I think he picked up an injury which kept him out the squad.

From the POV that he's been in and around the first team squad when he's been available and Hammell was happy enough to chuck him in for his debut in the circumstances he did (2 days after Alexander had been binned) he probably falls into the "well thought of" bracket.

Needs games etc.

He seems a busy midfielder and the club's media team did a wee feature on him earlier in the season.

I know for a fact he was mega pissed at not getting some sub appearances especially when some of the other younger players were getting an appearance recently.

It was announced at the atch today that there was 2067 motherwell fans. That's a good away support (roughly half the total amount of 4100).

Thankfully we didn't dissapoint however, there wasn't and awful lot in the game and even teams like Ross county or Kilmarnock would easily take advantage of.

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Thankfully we didn't dissapoint however, there wasn't and awful lot in the game and even teams like Ross county or Kilmarnock would easily take advantage of.

Not much in lots of the games we've contrived to lose (or at least not win) recently...hopefully squeezing one in our favour gives us a much needed boost. 

25 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Not much in lots of the games we've contrived to lose (or at least not win) recently...hopefully squeezing one in our favour gives us a much needed boost. 

Aye exactly, almost all our dropped points have come from games that 'haven't had much in it' and the team haven't been getting much sympathy for it so can't play down a win because there wasn't much in it ! More to the point when I saw the bold Mikael was starting I stuck a fiver on him bagging a brace and he produced the goods, hopefully this can really kick-start our season.  

Today wasn't spectacular but we did what you want in a game like that - didn't give Arbroath any encouragement and got a couple of goals. 

I would be surprised if we change a clean sheet defence, so SODs and Sol with arse splinters again next week

We hadn't won a game or kept a clean sheet since October, we were never gonna just turn up and roll over them.

Chuck in the heavy pitch and their direct approach it was never going to be a classic. We stood up to it all though and Kelly never had a thing to do other than save one pot shot from distance(which even I would have held). Where as we were guilty of passing up 3 or 4 really good chances to finish the tie a lot earlier.

We got the win we badly needed though as well as the clean sheet. Blaney strolled it at the back and big Mandron got himself off the mark with a couple of goals. Johnston impressed again and McKinstry's starting to add a consistent end product to his undoubted ability.

All things considered, today went about as well as we could have possibly hoped.

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I ended up with a steak pie and it was tremendous. Probably the highlight of the day.

Result wise I'd say we rolled and smoked it. Never in doubt.

The steak pie looked nice, lots of gravy without it oozing.  The two new front men looked to go forward but the core of the team still looked to play a backward pass.  The midfield could have dominated, but didn’t.  McKinstry’s cut back for the goal showed maturity.

Bring on the draw.