Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Probably best for all concerned if he moves into pastures new. Definitely was a punt worth taking at the time but he just lacked the quality to make the step up and never really got a run as a centre forward given our shape. No doubting his effort but…cheerio Connor. 

Shields out, Danzaki in.  Thanks. 

39 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Suggestion on Football Insider that Queens Park, Doncaster and Dundee are interested as well (cc: @Ludo*1)

We've just loaned a striker and still waiting to see if Zach Robinson will re-join so I dunno how concrete our interest will be. Thanks for the tag.

We definitely lack up top, but not due to a lack of bodies (Zak Rudden, Alex Jakubiak, Cillian Sheridan & Kwame Thomas).

27 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shields Morris and SOD leave this window. 

Those two seem like no brainers, unless we can't get a left back. They're both at the age where they need to be playing regularly, and that doesn't look like it's going to happen at us.

43 minutes ago, ropy said:

If it’s a loan for Shields then a few months as a centre forward may give us pause for thought for next year?

Or maybe not.

I'm now terrified he's going to score ten for someone else between now and May and we'll end up keeping him. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

He's going to go to QP , be an absolute superstar and be playing Premiership fitbaw with them next year while we're in the championship. Amarite ? 

After he scores the winner for them against us in the playoff final to relegate us?

Absolutely. 

18 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

Tell me how I should feel about this?

Feels a bit jobs for the boys at the moment, happy to be proven wrong.

Our youth system - despite the comments of some moon howlers on Twitter - fundamentally functions well.

I've no idea who else applied but promoting from within a successful system is a much more logical step than giving the head of that system a completely different job...

On this one I'm happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt, we can bookmark three-four years from now to consider how it went.

So does that mean we're now looking for a replacement for Clarkson?

On one hand being promoted from Head of Youth to Academy Director feels like a natural and obvious step. It also feels odd that it's taken the best part of 6 months to do it when we're simply promoting the guy already in the building.

I mean, I'm sure our process was thorough and robust.

The timing is mildly interesting given it's the AGM on Tuesday and as of a couple of hours ago we were apparently down a Head of Academy, Head of Digital, Brand and Communications and soon to be down a Chief Executive.

Edited by capt_oats