Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The sponsor troubles me, not going to lie.

I have enough dealings at work with Digby Jones and Dallas McMillan claims, without my football team encouraging them.

Tbh, I'd much rather we continue to encourage gambling or pawning of family heirlooms / stolen goods in the area, than encourage swathes of fraudulent claims.

Btw, I have no issue with legitimate claims whatsoever, but the rise of these parasites, the number of fraudulent claims is on the rise, year after year.

I'd rather we were sponsored by Uppercrust or the Electric Bar.

🤷‍♂️

It's heavy lifting to question the morals and ethical behaviour of G4 and cite Uppercrust as a paradigm of virtue in the same post.

#ifyouknowyouknow

Edited by Kapowzer

23 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

When I read it I took it more as Flao listing his CV of past and current achievements, making sure they weren't overlooked by the fans at times (while mopping the floors and painting the main stand steps) rather than a realistic candidate they could hope to attract at the money they're offering.

The 20 or so individuals that adhere to all the requirements are on multiples of what we're offering and there's 50-60 clubs ahead of us they'd rather be at.

I thought it was Russell who wrote that as a parting gift? The club should certainly never have posted it but having done so, posted a realistic job description as soon as the folly was realised.

On 23/06/2023 at 09:03, capt_oats said:

Johnston

I've not read past this post yet but I've noticed Johnston is training on his own. So as expected I doubt he'll be back unless it's (in the unlikely scenario he can't get a move) with his tail between his legs

20 hours ago, Desp said:

Interesting that the "maths jotter" pattern doesn't line up going from Amber to Claret on the top. 

On first glance, the new top was classic Motherwell kit, but there's too many flaws on closer inspection. Da f**k is the giant sponsor all about? 

Fair play to "G4 Claims" though, their washin' basket must be empty. 

IMG-20230623-WA0003.jpg

That wonky line is infuriating me.

19 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

the Electric Bar.

🤷‍♂️

I agree with all of that... except that last bit.

Try go for a pint in there and you're treated like a parasite anaw now.

4 hours ago, Desp said:

Indian Villa, surely? 

Front of shirt sponsor and taking over the pie stalls in a double swoop. 

Winner!

Sorry about the multiple posts. Well not really.

21 hours ago, capt_oats said:

See, that entirely makes sense because we've not replaced either (AFAIK).

Say what you like about Burrows but his job prior to stepping down was CEO not head of comms. Like, I'd imagine he took on some of Grant's role but it'd have been on top of his actual job and I'm sure that wasn't the only stuff he was being asked to cover.

Anyway, a friendly reminder that the vacancy for Head of Digital, Brand and Communications was first advertised on 1st March 2022 (and it really is an all timer):

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/03/01/vacancy-head-of-digital-brand-and-communications/

It's definitely pitched to a very specific type of candidate...

Would Media & Communications Executive be a different role? Just going from LinkedIn earlier this month with promotion from within.

9 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Would Media & Communications Executive be a different role? Just going from LinkedIn earlier this month with promotion from within.

Just had a quick check and I see the promotion and the start date of the new role. June 2023.

I mean, without seeing the job description it's had to tell in comparison with the original remit that was advertised.

IMO there's definitely a difference between "Head of..." and "Executive" roles. In this case whether that's just semantics or not I'm not sure.

In other LinkedIn news I see Tom Jones is away to Stoke City.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Shocked to find we hadn't actually signed him on a PCA. :lol:

I'll be back in 6 months to link him again, don't you worry!

Very relieved he won't be playing against us next season and it looks like the Liam Donnelly to us stuff was nonsense too!

Been a good day so far.