Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Forward options -

Out from last season

Shields (loan return obviously), Mandron, Danzaki, Aitchison, McKinstry, Morris, KVV, Tierney and possibly Efford

In as replacement

Wilkinson

We did have a shed load of baggage but that is some difference in attacking options. Appreciate a couple more still to come in but feck me it leaves us incredibly light up top.

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Forward options -

Out from last season

Shields (loan return obviously), Mandron, Danzaki, Aitchison, McKinstry, Morris, KVV, Tierney and possibly Efford

In as replacement

Wilkinson

We did have a shed load of baggage but that is some difference in attacking options. Appreciate a couple more still to come in but feck me it leaves us incredibly light up top.

Definitely and the manager has already started building the narrative about having goals through the team. So I'd expect we won't carry that many this season (which is the correct thing to do) but  even when it's done and dusted I think it will likely feel a wee bit light. 

I think Tierney going on loan for game time is the right thing rather than getting 10 minutes every 3 or 4 games for us.

Hopefully he can come back and contribute, there may be a break clause in January if required.

SK (or Frail) has said they are looking to get more in, no reason not to believe him, he has delivered so far.

13 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Still 1 or 2 forwards to come in according to SK. Nothing to worry about (yet) 

I always thought Tierney had potential but he was better coming off the bench than when he started. Hopefully he does well down there.

I do wonder who else is on Ketts moving on list. He did say in an interview he’d spoken to all the players who’d have limited game time. 

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

As long as Mckinstry and Ketts haven't fell out I'd want him signed. I think he'd do well in behind when needed too.

I do agree with that however would he sign with us to ply 15 mins every second or third week. 

He would get very little game time with us. Think he has to go somewhere  that he will get some game time. 

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That's one of the main reasons why I'd rather Efford hung about. If we're prioritising a 3-5-2 as our main formation and not bringing in any wingers then an anywhere across the front 3-er offers us basics our only ability to be flexible upfront.

Yeah that was my thoughts of Efford aswell if he remains fit of course…

Seems we are lined up with a Plan A and then just a Plan A+ which will be just to launch it long to our same big strikers….

28 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Yeah that was my thoughts of Efford aswell if he remains fit of course…

Seems we are lined up with a Plan A and then just a Plan A+ which will be just to launch it long to our same big strikers….

You killed the man, not the idea.

14955826-1-scaled_790x500_acf_cropped.jpg.f1e58f12be692c9a6439ad12d9342f52.jpg

More stand stuff. Good stuff from Derek.  I'd be keen to hear our ex CEOs take on this given it was under his watch this happened last year originally as well as something from the chairman currently about it 

Edited by eliphas

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

With the caveat that I do like Tierney as a player, I'm pleasantly surprised by how well we seem to be doing in shifting guys on given we don't have a CEO etc.

There was some chat at the game on Saturday that Derek Weir has been quietly appointed CEO. I had previously caught some stuff about him doing the job on an interim basis but the story was that it's been made permanent and the search for a new CEO called off.

I've no idea how true this is or if someone's just picked things up wrong but then there hasn't been any communication from the club either way.