Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Apparently kettlewell confirmed we'd been talking to the killer B's about bringing them in, but no deal had been done yet. Hopefully they don't look at our further depleted strike force and add a few more quid to their demands.

I noticed that mentioned on SO but was curious about the context.

Interesting (sort of) that he spoke about both by name. It’s the sort of thing you’d expect a manager to just deflect.

IMG_6236.thumb.jpeg.5bd7fc6919006c5d59d75829b21ced10.jpeg

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed that mentioned on SO but was curious about the context.

Interesting (sort of) that he spoke about both by name. It’s the sort of thing you’d expect a manager to just deflect.

IMG_6236.thumb.jpeg.5bd7fc6919006c5d59d75829b21ced10.jpeg

Aye, most managers would just deflect and not discuss specific names, but it's Kettlewell. If you put a mic in front of him, by f**k he's going to talk!! Why use just a couple of words when you can use hundreds?

51 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, most managers would just deflect and not discuss specific names, but it's Kettlewell. If you put a mic in front of him, by f**k he's going to talk!! Why use just a couple of words when you can use hundreds?

He could get a solid 5 minute routine out of "no comment"

52 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I mean, having a look at the word count of many of my posts I think I'll just keep quiet about Kettlewell's verbiage.

Boring but winnable tie, which is fine. We're not at Ibrox, Parkhead, Tynecastle or Pittodrie - and that's probably the main thing.

Just look at Killie to see what happens when you drop a couple of points in the groups - the most boring draw you can get.

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

And it feels like it happens a lot - which is weird.

Inevitable with a 12-team top flight, a country prone to shit weather and therefore postponements and a big drop-off in quality as you go down the leagues. I agree it's crap though. Was that 4-4 cup game at your place not part a double header? I may have misremembered that.

Edit: Actually, we played three times in four games:

Screenshot_20230730-173857.png

Edited by Coventry Saint

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Inevitable with a 12-team top flight, a country prone to shit weather and therefore postponements and a big drop-off in quality as you go down the leagues. I agree it's crap though. Was that 4-4 cup game at your place not part a double header? I may have misremembered that.

Aye, that was a mental game, with some big p***k called Obika giving our defence a bit of a rag-dolling....

Hopefully he can do the same on the opposite side this time.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That was the worst of the lot.....

It also feels like being seeded has never done us many favours (other than avoiding the OF obviously) - the best example being when we romped the group in 2019, got Hearts in the next round and were duly papped. Need to remember this when we're stressing about it next year...

image.png.5fcb58b7e13d26b33baf00485d63a063.png