Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, perthsaints99 said:

Really wanted him to do well at Saints, but in total honesty and with no disrespect intended, you would find more capable front men in the juniors.

Yeah this is entirely fair, I think I'd said previously I've never seen a player get so much good will and support from a fanbase that Theo. I think to a man we all wanted him to come good and show us what he was made of. Unfortunately 18 months later and he never showed anything positive either off the bench or on the rare occasion he started.

I've no doubt he'll score against us and I wish him nothing but the best, but he's not up to this level, not even closer.

I don't know the first thing about Theo Bair, but I do know I have seen 2 things with my own eyes - John Sutton looking like he'd never seen a ball before whilst at Hearts, and more recently Mikael Mandron single handedly dragging St Mirren through the cup group stages with his goals.

If those 2 things can happen, then I'm happy to reserve judgement.

There have been guy who worked at Motherwell and didn't elsewhere, and guys who worked elsewhere but didn't with us.

But I don't think I can ever remember taking a punt on someone with such s limited career who failed so spectacularly so far in Scotland.

Here's hoping he proves us all wrong.

I reckon we'll confirm the Arsenal guy later today or tomorrow to take the heat off...

14 minutes ago, Al B said:

I don't know the first thing about Theo Bair, but I do know I have seen 2 things with my own eyes - John Sutton looking like he'd never seen a ball before whilst at Hearts, and more recently Mikael Mandron single handedly dragging St Mirren through the cup group stages with his goals.

If those 2 things can happen, then I'm happy to reserve judgement.

I'd recommend a visit to Specsavers.