Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

The same kind of referee that ignores Casey petting the ball like a cat.

image.gif.b0db75bd3e2fe59fcfb1bb8a02a31b81.gif

That's so blatant that there must be some weird rule that ball is dead when it's in the keepers hands or the VAR boys were having their tea break.

Haha I clocked this at the time and did wonder if VAR would have a look at that for a penalty. Why the f**k would Casey do that? 

@craigkillie is good with the actual rules of the game. Should this have been a penalty?

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

That's so blatant that there must be some weird rule that ball is dead when it's in the keepers hands or the VAR boys were having their tea break.

It wasnt an intentional handball and it didnt prevent a goalscoring opportunity, so why on earth would it be a penalty?

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

Haha I clocked this at the time and did wonder if VAR would have a look at that for a penalty. Why the f**k would Casey do that? 

@craigkillie is good with the actual rules of the game. Should this have been a penalty?

'Laws' of the game...no such thing as rules.

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm honestly so buzzing about the Bair.

As am I. Shocked given the body of evidence, but I really wanted him to succeed with us and hope he makes Davidson look like the fanny he is.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wasnt an intentional handball and it didnt prevent a goalscoring opportunity, so why on earth would it be a penalty?

It isn't intentional or preventing a goalscoring opportunity when the ball is blasted at a defender's hand from two or three metres away, but penalties are nonetheless awarded nine times out of ten these days. I suspect in this case the keeper is deemed to be in control of the ball, so no offence was committed.

Aye it was hard not to be delighted for Bair.

The amount of stick he got before he’d even kicked a ball was ridiculous. I mean I wasn’t exactly enthused by his signing but like all players we sign was more than prepared to give the boy a chance.
As has been said, you felt an early goal would be important and hopefully gives him some confidence going forward. 

Given the circumstances, he was fine yesterday. Also can’t understand some of the criticism of Wilkinson either, who showed good feet and linked the play well in dreadful conditions. Nice to see Efford back on the pitch as well and he looked sharp in short cameo. 

We did play some really nice stuff at times but despite having nearly 60% possession, rarely seemed to work the Dundee keeper. Something which to be fair, Kettlewell alluded to post match. Lacking a bit in terms of pace and guile in the final third. 

Hopefully Biereth when up to speed, can offer us something a bit different up there. 

Edited by Casagolda

45 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If the thread could make it illegal for idiots to say 'fan ownership isn't working' without proposing a viable alternative, that'd be great, thanks.

I think there is, perhaps a bit of a misunderstanding at the heart of it. Of course we're looking for external investment, it isn't an either/or scenario.