Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

I thought Callum Lang was poor for us. The hype around him was great, absolute let down though. 

Chris Long was bang average too, with a face that would make an onion cry. 

wash your mouth out

Long was a w**k but he was also a w**k to other teams, which I liked.

Putting the arguments about the tackle itself to one side it does seem like a lot of Well fans had put a lot of stock in the on sub appearance Bereth made for him to be some kind of saviour. Surely your hopes for the season couldn't have relied so heavily on one loan player who nobody had heard of before his move?

Just now, Abstract said:

Putting the arguments about the tackle itself to one side it does seem like a lot of Well fans had put a lot of stock in the on sub appearance Bereth made for him to be some kind of saviour. Surely your hopes for the season couldn't have relied so heavily on one loan player who nobody had heard of before his move?

You have seen Wilkinson and Bair, right?

Joking aside, agree 100%. Though I think (hope!) most would be more rational away from the internet forum.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

You have seen Wilkinson and Bair, right?

Joking aside, agree 100%. Though I think (hope!) most would be more rational away from the internet forum.

Aye well I was going to mention Bair but to be fair he was better than Wilkinson was on Saturday. What that says about Wilkinson I don't know as that was my first time seeing him i think.

Just now, Abstract said:

Aye well I was going to mention Bair but to be fair he was better than Wilkinson was on Saturday. What that says about Wilkinson I don't know as that was my first time seeing him i think.

Wilkinson was pish due to lack of service from midfield. Resting Lennon Miller (who despite being 16 has easily been our best midfielder) was a big self inflicted mistake by SK.

51 minutes ago, Abstract said:

I mean, that may be true for a section of our support who don't really pay attention.

However, his name had popped up on here as someone we were looking at bringing in about a week or so before he was actually announced.

It was pretty clear even from a cursory 5-10 minutes checking out the fairly extensive footage that's available of him or for some in the Thread who have access to WyScout he would be being brought in as our first choice #9 to play alongside one of Wilkinson/Bair/Obika. Even doing a basic bit of research flagged him up as exactly the type of player we were/are missing.

If anything the sub appearance he put in against Hibs really only confirmed what a few of us thought (hoped) we were getting.

Edited by capt_oats

21 hours ago, Biscuits said:

kettlewell apologised for his slanderous outburst yet?

This a club that left employees and local businesses in the lurch by not paying what was due in order to cheat their rivals in the league.

Surely you can’t expect someone from a club with morals like that to ever apologise? 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

This a club that left employees and local businesses in the lurch by not paying what was due in order to cheat their rivals in the league.

Surely you can’t expect someone from a club with morals like that to ever apologise? 

kylian-mbapp%C3%A9-celebration.gif

3 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

What was it motherwell fans were being accused of by you lot not long ago?

8 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

It's Thursday man - have some dignity.

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’d take neither to be honest.

How have we went from Devante Cole, Van Veen, Tony Watt, Chris Long, Callum Lang etc in recent years to diddy or sicknote as our options?

@MurrayWell beat me to it, but it baffles me that Callum Lang is in the same conversation as the Cole, Van Veen and Watt.

fwiw, I liked Chris Long, despite the divide amongst the support.

49 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

@MurrayWell beat me to it, but it baffles me that Callum Lang is in the same conversation as the Cole, Van Veen and Watt.

fwiw, I liked Chris Long, despite the divide amongst the support.

My point with all the guys I named and why Lang was included was more to do with the supposed level/pedigree of strikers we were signing for a while. Their stats/highlights feel/history looked all looked decent. None of them were on 1 goal in 33 appearances etc 

2 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

At least we had the decency to leave the facepainting industry thriving, give us credit for sparing them at least.

Michael Higdon scored his first goal for Motherwell on this day in 2011.

He went on to take the SPL by storm in season 2012/13, scoring 26 goals and outdoing the Old Firm in the individual awards.

The big Englishman ended 23 years of dominance by Old Firm players to achieve the status of being named Players’ Player of the Year – the first since time Aberdeen’s Jim Bett scooped the award in 1990 that a Celtic or Rangers player did not pick up the prize.

To celebrate one of Scottish football's genuine cult heroes, from Nutmeg 28 and now online for the first time we bring you Andy Ross's profile of big Higgy:

MICHAEL HIGDON AT MOTHERWELL: HOW STRIKER BECAME STEELMEN’S MR BIG