Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

Anyway time to get behind the can-am connection up front, they've come here to chew gum and take defenders to the woodshed, and they're all out of gum.

Ok, who's been dishing out fucking bubble gum.

Can someone teach Dan Casey how to header a ball, and maybe work on some player marking drills.  

I apolgise to the St J fans from earlier.  Theo Bair is a fucking sand dancer with 2 left feet.  Going to be a very long two-three months...

Edited by Antiochas III

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Why is Lamie being allowed to leave for Dundee on loan? Is there really so little money that you're letting established first team players go and leaving yourselves a bit threadbare just to clear them off the wage bill?

He's not "being allowed to leave"...he's an absolute liability who's been here about 2 years longer than anyone wanted him to be.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Why is Lamie being allowed to leave for Dundee on loan? Is there really so little money that you're letting established first team players go and leaving yourselves a bit threadbare just to clear them off the wage bill?

Casey is not a good LCB (He's even worse as the centre of the 3 before people mention should move Mugabi out, Casey across and put in Blaney) but he's miles ahead of Lamie in that position

6 minutes ago, Al B said:

He's not "being allowed to leave"...he's an absolute liability who's been here about 2 years longer than anyone wanted him to be.

Am I imagining things or did he not sign a PCA with Dundee in early 2022 only to renege and sign a new deal with Motherwell when Dundee were relegated? If I remember this was met with a lot of positivity from Well fans as he'd had a good season.

Might be getting mixed up with someone else.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Am I imagining things or did he not sign a PCA with Dundee on early 2022 only to renege and sign a new deal with Motherwell when Dundee were relegated? If I remember this was met with a lot of positivity from Well fans as he'd had a good season.

Might be getting mixed up with someone else.

No, you've got the right guy and the right scenario....just the wrong reading of it.

Edit to add - there was a very very small window of a few weeks where he looked half decent, the original "redemption arc" and you may have dipped in during this period, but it was extremely short-lived.

Edited by Al B

Just now, Well Well said:

Just back. I have absolutely no idea how we won that we were absolutely dreadful. I will leave it to others to explain that am away to sit in a corner in disbelief and relief. 😵‍💫

We were dreadful in the first half, and pretty much ran the show in the second,  but for a couple of breakaways from them. Fair play to SK for the sub, Paton changed the game.

Just now, rowsdower said:

We were dreadful in the first half, and pretty much ran the show in the second,  but for a couple of breakaways from them. Fair play to SK for the sub, Paton changed the game.

I think thats a fair summing up tbh. Paton sub settled us. Although I was pulling my hair out with Bair absolutely dreadful control. The new guy looks like he has the pace to get in behind and didn't do too badly. Got a standing ovation for his first half tackle on the halfway line in the East.