Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Yes, we are. You've seen how it goes with the thread, be scared.

Good, as theres no chance we're paying a fee for anyone, nor is it likely we'll even be paying a first team wage to anyone unless we can get a couple out permanently. 

We're virtually fully stocked numbers wise i think.

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

Said as much at the game - as a battering ram without a requirement to have the ball at his feet, he actually kept the killie defenders occupied - should be how we use him from now on.

arrestd_development_meme.png.3e768fa930fc06b267e206a634c5ae2d.png

14 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

St Mirren v Aberdeen game in doubt tomorrow due to a waterlogged pitch

St Mirren having trouble clearing the Motherwell / Kettlwell tears from the pitch 

“Kettlewell”.  The Captain,  as good at spelling as he is at counting…

This probably sounds a bit mental given how awful we were in the first half, but I think that's probably Kettlewell's most impressive victory so far. I'm not exaggerating when I say that at half time he was probably looking out the folder marked "plan E". To turn things round in the way we did, with the injuries we have, and after last week is really impressive. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good, as theres no chance we're paying a fee for anyone, nor is it likely we'll even be paying a first team wage to anyone unless we can get a couple out permanently. 

arrestd_development_meme.png.3e768fa930fc06b267e206a634c5ae2d.png

Loan was on the table a wee while ago. Not sure the current status though 

3 minutes ago, CoF said:

This probably sounds a bit mental given how awful we were in the first half, but I think that's probably Kettlewell's most impressive victory so far. I'm not exaggerating when I say that at half time he was probably looking out the folder marked "plan E". To turn things round in the way we did, with the injuries we have, and after last week is really impressive. 

Nice to have a manager who has more than just plan A and Fcuk all else

8 minutes ago, CoF said:

Don't disagree with this at all. To look at what we were and fix it at half time with basically one option off the bench, who was just about fit again, was quite remarkable.

Also, that chasni pie is fucking sensational.

I called it at half time, striker off, Paton on, Spittall shoved up a bit.  I’ll get no credit (I didn’t confirm which striker) but Kettlewell read my thoughts.

Not sure if Kettlewell or Paton gets the credit but that change was the thing that won the game for us (last minute, whoo hoo).

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

I called it at half time, striker off, Paton on, Spittall shoved up a bit.  I’ll get no credit (I didn’t confirm which striker) but Kettlewell read my thoughts.

Not sure if Kettlewell or Paton gets the credit but that change was the thing that won the game for us (last minute, whoo hoo).

I’d play that formation until we have 2 functioning (or even 1 decent) striker. 

I thought, yet again, Slattery, Spittal, Casey, Miller and McGinn were immense today.

The first half was genuinely appalling but the second was great, and really enjoyable too. 

The policy of signing players with injury riddled pasts has clearly been a poor one, which we may not fully realise the cost of yet, but Kettlewell made a really shrewd game winning change and the players stuck at it even after the penalty miss so they’ve clearly all got some dig and determination. 

In the first half, Bair was the Bevis Mugabe of attackers, he was slightly more effective in the second half by knocking balls on but was perhaps hindered by Callum Davidson in the stand sending St Johnstone standard vibes.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ste you saying you can't Ef-ford him?

See yous later.

Give Kettlewell the freedom of Motherwell.

At HT and 1-0 down I could not see a way back. Not at any stretch. 

We and he has a shoestring budget. 3 strikers out injured and having to play Efford.

Playing against a team that had not lost a goal to the top 3 sides in the league. 

Yet here we are joint top of the league. Have said it before and will say it again anymore of this nonsense and other clubs will come sniffing.

And for those Well fans that bizarrely said we got out of jail or were lucky to win. WTF. Second best by some way 1st half but second half we were on the front foot for most if it. 2 sublime goals. We deserved that every day of the week and then some.