Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Rangers are losing a man a game at the moment and have a match this week, a bit like us earlier in the season.  Them beating St Johnstone was good because they wouldn’t have been allowed three poor domestic results in a row.

We’ve got to do it sometime!

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I abroad for the next 2 games, is it worth buying an international subscription to Motherwell TV or given who we are playing, are streams inevitable?

Definately worth the sub tbh. Depends where you are but very tough to get streams in some countries. 

54 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I would like to see more of him attacking crosses when they come into the box. He is physically imposing and clearly quite a strong fellow. So you would think he would be quite a handful. But we had umpteen crosses into St Mirren box and I cannot remember too many he was close to getting on the end of. It may not be his forte as such but seems a waste of talent of that is the case.

That’s my biggest issue tbh. Whilst he has some nice touches and link up play, he plays on his heels. He isn’t on his toes and seems static at times. Especially inside the box.

Just now, wellboy1991 said:

May well get a stream . I really struggled in Turkey but bought the sub for a month. £15 I think, got a great stream and great quality sat and watched two games no bother. 

Haven’t looked yet, is it an on line purchase or a phone call? 

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ll give it a go on Saturday when I get there, unless there is a pub with a Union Jack and all day breakfast with a large screen.

You will have nae hassle seeing it in an establishment like the one you described.

12 hours ago, ropy said:

I am abroad for the next 2 games, is it worth buying an international subscription to Motherwell TV or given who we are playing, are streams inevitable?

Don't know if you are part of the criminal underworld and would have such a thing, but I'm in Turkey just now and an, ehm, guy I spoke to, said he'd brought his firestick with IPTV on it with him, hooked it up to the telly in his room via the hotel's wifi and watched a faultless stream.

Not that I'd condone such behaviour, just passing on a story as told during a completely true encounter incase you had such shady resources available to you.

On 18/09/2023 at 10:05, Casagolda said:

Aye if I had a minor complaint from Saturday it would Kettlewell waiting till the 78th minute to make a sub despite us being a goal down and not really threatening the St Mirren goal all that much 2nd half.

Bair does a decent enough job as a focal point but never looks much of a goal threat. Likewise Spencer done a commendable job again on the wrong side but so obviously has no left foot. Within minutes of coming on Gent got down the left, whipped in a good cross and Shaw got across his man to get a header on goal…

I know there’s probably fitness issues etc but both made a positive impact and I would’ve liked to have seen them on a bit earlier. Felt like we carried more of a threat in their limited time on the park and on another day both could’ve scored(although I thought Shaw looked well offside for his sitter). 

It seemed inevitable the injuries to all our strikers would catch up to us eventually and it felt like Saturday was that day. Not expecting much from the next couple of games but hopefully after the Livi game the next International break will at least allow us get Wilkinson back and Shaw a bit more up to speed. 

Agree with all this. 

If I'm right, 

Wilko back early October 

Pape back early/mid Oct

Butcher back early/mid Nov

Mika and Job back December. 

We're definitely winning the league with a full squad.

51 minutes ago, eliphas said:

There's Joe Efford signed for PAS in Greece.

It seems they announced 5 days ago. I noticed it at the time but genuinely thought it was a fake Tweet and it didn't seem to be picked up by any of the sports pages here. :lol:

Announcement went up on the 16th - 5 days after we posted about him having been mutualled. The Greek window closed on the 11th September which is the day we released him so I guess it was a done deal.

Absolutely fair fucks to everyone concerned if this has ended up a Danzaki scenario where we've not had to take a hit.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

There's Joe Efford signed for PAS in Greece.

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It seems they announced 5 days ago. I noticed it at the time but genuinely thought it was a fake Tweet and it didn't seem to be picked up by any of the sports pages here. :lol:

Announcement went up on the 16th - 5 days after we posted about him having been mutualled. The Greek window closed on the 11th September which is the day we released him so I guess it was a done deal.

Absolutely fair fucks to everyone concerned if this has ended up a Danzaki scenario where we've not had to take a hit.

all my days have gone to mush but I saw this just after he was released. Was that the 5 days ago tweet? I canny even mind when we released him.

Edited by Busta Nut

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

all my days have gone to mush but I saw this just after he was released. Was that the 5 days ago tweet? I canny even mind when we released him.

We announced we'd mutualled him a week ago on Monday (11th) which was when the Greek window closed and meant he could move there as a free agent. https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2023/09/11/joe-efford-leaves-the-club/

They officially announced him on the 16th (Saturday).

Having just checked I think it was this Tweet that I saw rather than the club one.