Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Yeah, I've no doubt St Johnstone are a weaker side than Kilmarnock on paper. On grass and plastic as well, even allowing for your win the other week.

Kilmarnock who we just beat?

FWIW i thought he was on about us being weaker than Motherwell. I think theres less in it than people think.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock who we just beat?

FWIW i thought he was on about us being weaker than Motherwell. I think theres less in it than people think.

I reckon Kilmarnock will finish the season several points ahead of St Johnstone. 

Between us and St Johnstone, who knows... I think we'll feel unlucky not to have played you before firing McLean while he'll feel unlucky not to have had a crack at us to save his job.

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I reckon Kilmarnock will finish the season several points ahead of St Johnstone. 

Yesh Kilmarnock seem to have a strong line up and depth, but do think their attack is poor beyond Kennedy/Armstrong so injuries could f**k them.

The run we’re on is absolutely stinking, and the performances in the last 3 games have been concerning, but we’re still well within the pack of shit that makes up 4th-12th, and a win tomorrow takes us back into the top 6 and level on points with Hearts. Too early to be talking about changing the manager for me. As others have said, we need to get out the habit of changing manager every 9 months, especially when there seems to be little organisation/leadership off the field  

I do think how streaky we’ve been over the last couple of seasons, where is seems to be all sugar or all shite, makes a difference to how we perceive things too.

On 04/11/2023 at 17:24, Molotov said:

IMG_4766.thumb.jpeg.c879393cbaa63ade606301835fd5b8b8.jpeg

Still of the same opinion @Muzz1886?

From the games I watched Motherwell play (a few weeks back) this seems more like a confidence issue.

Perhaps Kettlewell needs to kick a few arses to get a response.

I certainly don’t want to see the guy lose his job but it’s been a slippery slope over recent weeks. From my experience our games against Motherwell have been closer than other opponents. 

I wish you all well. Stay patient as it’s not that you are greatly adrift from the  pack. String a few results together and things will improve quite quickly. Good luck.

Even after Saturday, yes.

A number of years ago, ironically under Robbo, after something like 3 defeats in 3 weeks against Celtic, it broke us for about 2/3 months.  We went on a horrendous run, confidence was shattered and it looked like we were doomed.  To be fair to Robbo, he turned it around just before the knives were out for him.

This run has the hallmarks of that.

We've been gash for a good few weeks now, but Ketts has something mental like 50% win rate for us because of the run we went on last season, which means he gets until at least January from me.  He has been asked to replace a 30 goal striker , and a left and right wing back that has great potential to go places in the game with peanuts; practically impossible for a MFC manager.  Nothing else has changed all that much since last season, so that's where the problem is right now.  It wasn't that long ago that we were playing some right good stuff, so the team are capable of better.  Scoring goals will be a problem.

We are were we should be now; bottom half.  The start of the season fooled a lot of people into thinking we're better than what we are.

I have more questions on how the club is being ran rather than questions for the management team. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yesh Kilmarnock seem to have a strong line up and depth, but do think their attack is poor beyond Kennedy/Armstrong so injuries could f**k them.

^ ^

Wanted Steve McClaren for the Saints job imo.

Edited by gannonball

34 minutes ago, Rod said:

Graham Alexander is now the Bradford manager.

His agent is working harder than Donald Trump's combover.

I laughed out loud when I heard this on the radio. 

Is there any such a week paid job in the world can you can completely fail, get paid off, and still pick up another lucrative job so quickly afterwards? If there is... "Gissa job"

Suppose it’s an appointment that kinda makes sense. Bradford are a big club - Alexander’s big Gruffalo heed will be walking out to 15 - 20 thousand fans every home game. They’ve been in league two longer than expected. To be fair to him, with the exception of MK Dons, Alexander has always done pretty well at other clubs in his first 18 months or so before the wheels inevitably fall off. I assume Bradfords plan is to shitfest their way to promotion then sack him 5 games into next season. 

Here's my *HOT TAKE*  that I put out in a group chat this morning while foaming at the mouth.

"Liam Kelly is no better than Stevie Woods, Woodsy just gets more shit due that pass to Gordon Durie"

I'll die on this hill.

Kelly is fucking awful.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Here's my *HOT TAKE*  that I put out in a group chat this morning while foaming at the mouth.

"Liam Kelly is no better than Stevie Woods, Woodsy just gets more shit due that pass to Gordon Durie"

I'll die on this hill.

Kelly is fucking awful.

Hard disagree. Kelly has, to be fair to him, been very good at times. It's latterly he's been dugmeat. 

It's still a toss up between Craig Samson & Gunnar Nielsen for the worst I've ever watched. Hopeless b*****ds. 

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

It's still a toss up between Craig Samson & Gunnar Nielsen for the worst I've ever watched. Hopeless b*****ds. 

I'll take Colin Meldrum for the win, please.

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Stevie Woods was the worst keeper I've ever seen.

You must have had yer eyes shut for the majority of the last 20 years then.  There's probably 10 others, at least, that have been worse than Woods.  Woods wasn't great by any means, but probably his high profile mistake against Rangers sticks in most folks' minds.  He's not better than Kelly though.  @Busta Nut is at it but I do enjoy his mental hatred of certain Motherwell players which will now continue for the remainder of his life. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Stevie Woods was the worst keeper I've ever seen.

Sorry, that's not true. Unless you never saw Hollis, Neilsen, Samson, Twardzik, Chapman and a whole host of other few game diddies.