Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Tonight sounds like tonight we hit a new low when we were already rock bottom. 

We’ve not won in 12, taken 4 points from a possible 36 and our performances both collectively and individually within that run had been getting worse by the game.

We’re in a terrible position off the park and as bad as we’ve been on it, well since this time last season. A rudderless shambles by every measurable metric. 

This is the year we finally go down. 

Kettlewell doesn’t deserve to get till Saturday. 

Edited by Allroy for Prez

Ricky Foster to be given caretaker role.

He wins every game in December and we finish a comfortable 8th at the end of the season. He starts next season well u til we go on a run of 10 games without a win. 

Like Groundhog Day. Rinse and repeat. 

4 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

What a mess the club is top to bottom right now 

Agreed. The whole CEO thing has been utterly farcical. 

The Board should give some clarity on what the f**k is happening in that respect.

Is Derek Weir taking it on FT, for 3 days a week or for 2 minutes a day 🤷‍♂️

A shambles right enough. 

1 minute ago, boozyBJ said:

Do you think Simo will even bother putting in his CV this time?

If he has any sense no, I dunno how good he'd have even been but we lead him on for years. Same way we did Lasley

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Agreed. The whole CEO thing has been utterly farcical. 

The Board should give some clarity on what the f**k is happening in that respect.

Is Derek Weir taking it on FT, for 3 days a week or for 2 minutes a day 🤷‍♂️

A shambles right enough. 

McMahon would just lie again

Any manager getting the job is starting out in his career (no thanks) or already independently wealthy and fancies one last crack at it or trying to get back in after a couple of bad jobs.

It’s a total support divider but I could see Neil Lennon getting it till the end of the season 😬😂

Just now, Quatermass said:

Any manager getting the job is starting out in his career (no thanks) or already independently wealthy and fancies one last crack at it or trying to get back in after a couple of bad jobs.

It’s a total support divider but I could see Neil Lennon getting it till the end of the season 😬😂

If he can stay sober and not fight with everyone that might not be a bad shout 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

If he has any sense no, I dunno how good he'd have even been but we lead him on for years. Same way we did Lasley

Being a sad sack who googled the Finnish press last week in a failed attempt to find out his contract status, I'd say the problem isn't we didn't want him but we didn't want to pay X for him. His status in Latvia seems fuzzy so now is the time...

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I can really see it bring Martindale. He'd probably keep us up- or keep us above Livi at least- but I don't think I could listen to that accent every week.

We're not going to pay the amount needed for Livingston to let him go to a relegation rival, total non-starter imho.

Just now, ropy said:

The chaos of the second half was better than the prepared plan of the first.  But that was like watching Hammell match.

Daft starting line up? Three subs at half time? The rest of the subs being throwing shite at a wall and hoping it sticks?

It's. Hammellball. Baby.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

We're not going to pay the amount needed for Livingston to let him go to a relegation rival, total non-starter imho.

I thought the chat was that he didn't have a contract and that "refusing" him permission to speak to St Johnstone didn't actually count for anything, legally at least