Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I wonder when he genuinely realised it was gone? There is no way be would have thought he was getting to preside over a 13 game winless run where the majority were defeats.  I started to worry after the 4-2 loss to Aberdeen. You could see what was happening that night. What was that game 6? There has been 7 games since then? Fatal car crash unfolding in slow motion.

Edited by Quatermass

38 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

A draw was a bad result, a defeat, on the back of 12 (TWELVE) winless games is another level. 

Kettlewell should have the decency to walk. 

What's our previous record for a winless run?

Not sure of overall record but to put it in context Hammell’s run was 11 without a win in the league, a win against Stranraer and a loss to Raith in the Cup. We are arguably in a worse position now.

I actually thought we were OK today. We battled well and had the better of the chances before Kelly threw in his usual clanger.

Dropping Kelly is imho a bigger need than changing the Manager.

The team are playing for him. That much is clear. You simply don’t score as many late goals if they are not.

Again this is a long way away from the last few Hammell performances. 

St J did not look any better than us and have a new Manager. I think we will finish above them defending on what happens in the Jan transfer window. Them and Livi. Finish 10th or higher and regroup. Definitely doable even with the mess we have got ourselves in. 

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Kelly and Kettlewell can both fuuuuckoff.

I'd have ditched both before and would still bin SK this week but I suspect another point in this fashion will persuade the board to give him another hit at St Mirren...curious if he rolls the dice dropping Kelly, he definitely should but suspect he still won't.

I really wanted Kettlewell to turn it around but it isn’t happening. We looked a bit harder to beat today but there was no clear plan when we had the ball. I fear he’ll get another week because the crowd didn’t fully turn. 

It’s now going to be over 100 days since we last won by the time we line up in Paisley. There’s been too many weird decisions like not giving Davor or Gent minutes, not dropping Kelly and others, and not learning from his tactical failures. 

I simply don’t trust him to sign the players that are going to fix his mess in January. I’m assuming Soare will be away and we’ll probably cut Shaw’s loan to free up some money for other positions. There’s a big fix needed all over the park.,

It is a bit different because clearly folk are still trying for him as opposed to Hammell. I thought we actually were ok up against a poor St Johnstone side but, for the umpteenth time this season, Liam Kelly has cost us massively. There's no excuse for not dropping him. Captain, highest paid player or whatever he is I don't care. The guy is a bombscare.

7 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Anybody fancy watching his latest pish and posting a couple of bullet points for the rest of us? Cannae really be fucked.

I watched it mate. Mika could have been taken off at halftime after getting a sore one on his ankle but wanted to continue.

Admits Kelly made a mistake and calls him "too honest".

Calls St Johnstone St Mirren.

19 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I really wanted Kettlewell to turn it around but it isn’t happening. We looked a bit harder to beat today but there was no clear plan when we had the ball. I fear he’ll get another week because the crowd didn’t fully turn. 

It’s now going to be over 100 days since we last wonby the time we line up in Paisley. There’s been too many weird decisions like not giving Davor or Gent minutes, not dropping Kelly and others, and not learning from his tactical failures. 

I simply don’t trust him to sign the players that are going to fix his mess in January. I’m assuming Soare will be away and we’ll probably cut Shaw’s loan to free up some money for other positions. There’s a big fix needed all over the park.,

This shouldn't be taken as an argument for Kettlewell (or for the board) but I noticed that the draw today now means we've only lost 2 of our last 6 (the problem of course being that we haven't won any of our last 13 or whatever and yes, it includes an abject scudding in Dingwall).

Either way, that probably makes the decision on Kettlewell a bit harder for the board and as @well fan for life says it's a bit different to the Hammell situation.

Having said that, 3 of the 4 draws in the last 6 have been secured by goals in 90mins+ which is something that feels pretty unsustainable tbh.

We’ve been gaslit into thinking Liam Kelly was a good goalie with the boy Chapman timbering down in the goal mouth like a controversial statue getting pulled doon before Kelly got the number one jersey. 

The feeling for me is apathy it is like none of the players are bothered and will give us a greet on YouTube post match when things get too hot. See if we parade them tonight and they act like last minute heroes for the last goal we’re in a sorry, sorry state and this is our season to meet the drop. 

We need change, it is a necessity I think to change Kettlewell even though I like him someone experienced would help. More change is needed as well at all he club and what is happening needs transparency as I don’t think most of our support knows how we are structured at the minute. Our recruitment, unspecified board and there’s a few players that have been here and seen the last few managers lose their jobs are common denominators. I’m a bit scunnered with the likes of Kelly, Sod, Slattery and Mugabi.