Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Penney would 💯 be suited to this formation. If he is the same player from the start of his first stint. A proper attacking LWB. Harsh on Gent tho and what will Kettlewell do… probably play Penney at right wing back. 

Just noticing he's not played in about a year. That's.... not ideal. Could end up with him and Furlong on loan.

I thought Penney was pretty good for us and if fit would be a decent signing, but given the choice of him or Furlong, I'd probably pick Furlong. 

Would find it bizarre for us to sign Penney and Furlong while having Gent too. 

Saints spend a fee on Bair, watch him fall over his own feet for 18 months, release him, only to see him rock up at Motherwell and be sold for 6 figures after 6 months.

What the f**k.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints spend a fee on Bair, watch him fall over his own feet for 18 months, release him, only to see him rock up at Motherwell and be sold for 6 figures after 6 months.

What the f**k.

I trust the Watt-Bair strike duo will receive a respectful welcome at McDiarmid in a few weeks

I imagine that it will be Penney or Furlong. I imagine Penney (who's unattached) will be an 18-month deal and that would be one less thing to worry about next summer. I'd say from an immediate perspective, Furlong would be better, but he'd likely be a loan and we'd be looking for a left back again in the summer.

I actually think it would be harsh to drop Gent, he's come on to a game for me. However, given we've seen three different right backs and Blair Spittal at left wing back this season and we're dead set on a back three, it definitely makes sense to have two.

25 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I imagine that it will be Penney or Furlong. I imagine Penney (who's unattached) will be an 18-month deal and that would be one less thing to worry about next summer. I'd say from an immediate perspective, Furlong would be better, but he'd likely be a loan and we'd be looking for a left back again in the summer.

I actually think it would be harsh to drop Gent, he's come on to a game for me. However, given we've seen three different right backs and Blair Spittal at left wing back this season and we're dead set on a back three, it definitely makes sense to have two.

Could we, and I know this is a mad idea, actually play a winger, and that could be Gent?

So that, now bear with me here, we would actually have multiple ways of setting up a team?

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Could we, and I know this is a mad idea, actually play a winger, and that could be Gent?

So that, now bear with me here, we would actually have multiple ways of setting up a team?

That’s not how it works 

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I understand where you're coming from. Gent to me seems very direct. There's a couple of runs and crosses that he's put in that's reminded me of an old school winger before they all became "inverted" but for some reason, the way wingers are used these days, for some reason, I can't picture him on the right cutting in.

That and Ketts dying on the back three with wing backs hill.

17 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We shouldn't be allowed to get money for Bair. I like him, but that is galactic level pish ripping.

“I think we have found a lump of coal that is going to turn into a diamond” said Amanda Holden of Paul Potts on BGT. Big Thelonius is just the same and is just getting started. We have a decent habit of turning players into sellable assets.

Surely it would have to be north of £3-400k to make it even worth our while. I think he has another year after this season ? 

54 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

image.png.48e7ce5d26ae96c423a9332d08198937.png

13 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

If someone offers us money for Bair we take it. It would be madness not to. 

I like him but he's absolutely useless 90% of the time. 

Take the money and run. 

Agree. Not a transfer it would be a bloody heist.