Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, Swello said:

Sounds like a good signing - end of the season doesn't feel like "building a squad here" though...

Aye, I mean he's basically unheard of or tested at this level and hasn't kicked a ball in eons, but there's obviously the possibility that he turns out, you know, good and in turn attracts interest from other clubs while he's here. In that respect it seems a bit weird that there's no mention of an option weighted in the clubs favour to extend his deal at the end of the 6 months. 

Would imagine it'll take him a bit of time to get up to speed, but hopefully he can come in and make a positive contribution. 

Aye, the short term deal gives us a bit of protection from a Danzaki situation in case he turns out to be awful. Also allows us to cut ties should the bad thing happen and we’re operating a much reduced budget next season. 

Worth pointing at the "Danzaki was shite and hopeless in Australia too" sign again, i think.

3 minutes ago, Marinello said:

News to be announced shortly.

Mc Ginlay's contract paid up.

Shaw gone back to Barnsley.

I was away to ask about whether there was anything to read into Toby not being on the bench at the weekend.

Shaw being away pretty much gives us a clean slate up front like.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, Marinello said:

Kettlewell ships them out quicker than we can get them in.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

McGinlay can't play for anyone else can he? 

He can aye. As @rowsdower says didn't get on the park for Thistle.

You can register for 3 clubs but can only play for 2.

Tbh, and I don't say this with any snark, given how little football he's played since whatever that injury/issue was I wouldn't be surprised if he looked at other options. Was he not doing accountancy with the OU or something?

16 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Mcginley is one player I never could bring myself to dislike. I knew he was the target for the boo boys and then went off ill for whatever reason for over a season but I genuinely wish him every success for the future. We all have had a period of time where we just need some time out and I thought that was his so I bear no ill will towards the guy in any way.

Edited by Well Well

Obviously Shaw being injured with both Spencer and Biereth being recalled are out of our hands but once Little Oli Shaw heading back to Barnsley is announced that makes it 5 of our 8 summer signings that are out the building in January.

Souaré (contract expired), Spencer (recalled), Wilkinson (sold), Biereth (recalled), Shaw (injured)

Thelonius, Gent and wee Dave are the last men standing.

Edited by capt_oats