Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Other than Dundee, I'm not really aware of anyone doing much business of note. I can see a few clubs not really doing much tomorrow and a few picking up a few late desperation signings. I'm a bit worried that if we were signing anyone half-decent we would have announced them by now.

If we do "Adding international experience" as we announce Brophy I am going to fucking lose my mind.

Also we aren't signing Kev, you need to realise this.

Edited by thisGRAEME
Being a fucking dingbat

11 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Gonna need to be restrained  when St Mirren sign Kevin van Veen in the 11th hour tomorrow night. 

Don’t encourage them. I’m pretty sure they invented the Spittal PCA stuff as a wind up and then one of them was on here trying to bait a Slattery story last night.

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

My whelm in undered.

Nah, if he's third choice fine...but by hook or by crook we need a senior forward tomorrow.

You might get that senior forward but I'd be willing to bet money it's someone either with not a great goal scoring record, or injury prone. 

Quite happy with that Vale signing. 

I've lowered my expectations given the fact it's January and also we shafted at short notice by Arsenal/Mika.

18 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Don’t encourage them. I’m pretty sure they invented the Spittal PCA stuff as a wind up and then one of them was on here trying to bait a Slattery story last night.

To be honest, Robinson taking Spittal to Aberdeen sounds more sensible. 

2 minutes ago, eliphas said:

You might get that senior forward but I'd be willing to bet money it's someone either with not a great goal scoring record, or injury prone. 

Yeah, I've made my peace with that...it's obviously not great but it would spread the risk somewhat.

26 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

My whelm is undered.

Nah, if he's third choice fine...but by hook or by crook we need a senior forward tomorrow.

The Vale signing kind of feels like the position Kettlewell alluded to the other week of get the first striker in and then see where things stand in terms of what we're able to do.

Annoyingly there's also a YouTuber also called Jack Vale so those videos show up in any search - probably a WyScout job to get any idea of what he's actually like.

Like everyone else my expectations aren't exactly high but from the looks of things he's been decent at the same level as Gent so I guess that's a baseline of sorts.

Edited by capt_oats

33 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Quite happy with that Vale signing. 

I've lowered my expectations given the fact it's January and also we shafted at short notice by Arsenal/Mika.

That's kinda where I am. I think it looks a decent signing? 

Looking at the stats @capt_oats posted earlier, (24 goals and 12 assists in 54 U21 games) is obviously very good at that level. The question is what level is U21 English Championship? If we had a homegrown player stepping up the first team with those stats we'd all be excited to see what they can do, and he's obviously coming from a higher level than that. 

Fwiw, I had a look at the Lincoln forum since they were his most recent club and one of the first comments when the announcement that he'd been recalled went out was "Vale been a bit unlucky being asked to play in a role he wasn't really suited to."

What that role actually was I obvs don't know but it's mildly interesting that his FM24 profile has him tagged as being best suited to Advanced Forward, Ramdeuter and Inverted Winger roles rather than a Target Man or whatever.

If he's been brought in to replace Shaw (or to a lesser extent Wilkinson) then that's probably a lower bar for him to clear than if he's been earmarked as a replacement for Biereth.

Edited by capt_oats