Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

They'll be signed, sealed and injured by the time you get to the self serve area

2 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I vote for replacing "we exist to improve peoples lives" with "Signed. Sealed. Injured.'

Recalled.

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

so if it's correct that Killie are covering the guts of that plus performance related increases then us even going at half of that is probably more than I'd have expected tbqh.

If the numbers mentioned are correct then that's bonkers behaviour from Kilmarnock or more accurately Bowie.

Think the planets aligned a bit while he was with us but would have thought it would have been stupid, even in our present situation, to have done something similar even if we were in a position to.

6 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

If KvV scores against us on Saturday, does that continue his goalscoring run record when he left us?

He's 100% going to be giving it the big slappy belly during his warm ups , banter with the fans then come on in 85 mins and score with an apologetic celebration, then do absolutely nothing else the rest of the season.  

These past few weeks have been an eye opener in that our peer clubs Dundee Killie St Mirren can now easily outspend us .They will hijack deals for anyone we are looking to sign so we will be left with the scraps. 

The fan ownership model we have has been well and truly found out. Relegation would appear to be a formality  -  if we survive this season it will be next . 

This seems to have been accepted by the board, maybe we all just need to make our peace with it .

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Apparently we are signing a striker called Kevin Van Veen guys, according to his Wikipedia he played for you last season. Any good?

I feel for your missus if this is how early you shoot your load. 

Now, apparently we are signing a striker called Kevin Van Veen. One of your favourite ever players apparently, Well fans. Odd one as we don't really need attackers, but suppose he can come in and fight for a place. 

10 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

He's 100% going to be giving it the big slappy belly during his warm ups , banter with the fans then come on in 85 mins and score with an apologetic celebration, then do absolutely nothing else the rest of the season.  

As long as we're 3-0 up at the time, I'm good wi' that 🤷‍♂️🤔

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Yaaaas. Get it right up Killie

(Seriously, hopefully somebody has checked the SPFL loan thing because I can absolutely see us getting docked points for fielding an illegible player.)

AW FUR f**k SAKE! We wanted him!

Bowie must go.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Yaaaas. Get it right up Killie

(Seriously, hopefully somebody has checked the SPFL loan thing because I can absolutely see us getting docked points for fielding an illegible player.)

Ach, I'm not sure we can be held responsible if the rules aren't written clearly enough. Get him in. 

5 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

I feel for your missus if this is how early you shoot your load. 

Now, apparently we are signing a striker called Kevin Van Veen. One of your favourite ever players apparently, Well fans. Odd one as we don't really need attackers, but suppose he can come in and fight for a place. 

Blows the bullshit budget wage thing a Killie fan was talking about right out the water

When I read Killie/whoever blew our offer out the water I thought we were stumping up £1500 a week and my head was going to come clean off. 

If it turns out we pushed the boat out massively and were then gazumped by silly money then I’m not sure there’s much we can do about that.

Why would Killie entertain those alleged wages when they have about 8 strikers and are sitting pretty? 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Blows the bullshit budget wage thing a Killie fan was talking about right out the water

Any fan who claims to know the wage budget of their club or any other is guessing. Even the accounts don't give a true picture as some include non playing staff.