Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Surely Elliott is fine in rwb and devine LWB. 

If either get injured, Gent can move back, and Mcginn can go into Rwb.

Just seems an unnecessary number.

Official now - welcome aboard Jili.

Exactly this. The Devine one is very strange. Signed a NZ international as well as having SOD and McGinn who can play there. Can kind of understand the boy from Sheffield Utd as Montgomery got injured but really wasting all this money on full backs is crazy.

Just now, supermarv said:

Exactly this. The Devine one is very strange. Signed a NZ international as well as having SOD and McGinn who can play there. Can kind of understand the boy from Sheffield Utd as Montgomery got injured but really wasting all this money on full backs is crazy.

I’m 100% fine with having a squad which means SOD and McGinn don’t feature as wing backs. 

3 minutes ago, eliphas said:

11 defenders listed on the squad page now. Looks mental. Haha.

7 midfielders 

4 forwards

Business done I’m going to bet.

4 listed forwards but no 'senior' striker. We need a real leader up front. What we currently have hardly screams 'hunners of goals'. Leaving it hella late though.

I'm genuinely getting a bit antsy now. It's pretty rare we sign someone completely out of the blue without any newspaper/forum chat. Doesn't seem likely we announce a striker of any repute at midnight on deadline day and nobody knows about it by now.

When we still had Spencer, SOD was regularly on the bench and came on to help shore things up or allow us to change it around if it wasn't happening for Spencer. I'm guessing they're looking to put him back on the bench to build a squad and Elliott maybe doesn't look up to it yet.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm genuinely getting a bit antsy now. It's pretty rare we sign someone completely out of the blue without any newspaper/forum chat. Doesn't seem likely we announce a striker of any repute at midnight on deadline day and nobody knows about it by now.

We'll sign a striker of some description - but it will be someone that even Kettlewell didn't know we were linked with.

11 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Has yon  Ozbolt guy signed for anybody yet? Can’t see anything online.

Ozbolt started (and scored) last night so nothing will happen immediately... suggestion he was still looking to be freed from his contract which would make him eligible afterwards.

Ofc club dismissed link earlier anyway.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

Ozbolt started (and scored) last night so nothing will happen immediately... suggestion he was still looking to be freed from his contract which would make him eligible afterwards.

Ofc club dismissed link earlier anyway.

Cheers mate 👍

Just now, Swello said:

We'll sign a striker of some description - but it will be someone that even Kettlewell didn't know we were linked with.

Aye. It'll be someone who's mutualed with their club before close of business or something like that.

As @crazylegsjoe_mfc said earlier we announced Obika after the window closed last year and IIRC Butcher was a couple of days later.

I guess one consequence of what we've seen is that our central defensive signing is effectively SOD - and honestly, I'm happy with that as he has been decent as RCB so far. 

7 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Paging @capt_oats and the guys who keep on top of the first XI, and back ups for each position type graphics. With our seeming overload of defensive options, and slim pickings up front... how do you think these optics look now?

Hi. Here you go...

lineup.png.44c02f4d4209f19f9ebcf890ec7de964.png

I mean, I genuinely don't get what folk are bumping against here. Elliot hadn't kicked a baw since last season, it seems pretty clear to me that he's here on what is effectively an extended trial he might be good in which case...great.

As @Casagolda said a few pages back bringing these players in will presumably give us a bit of energy and pace in wide areas. Which is exactly what folk were complaining about when SOD was playing there.

We need an actual striker absolutely, we tried to get one today and it didn't happen. I don't think Kettlewell is unaware of this but I guess we're now at the point where we're looking at Free Agency unless something weird happens.

Edited by capt_oats