Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's a trap, hes using Elizabeth Banks to trick us into selling the stadium to build an ASDA. Tale as old as time.

Also, happy Margaret Thatcher is still dead day to those who celebrate.

Edited by rowsdower

I assume the club will do more due diligence than this but my general impression is that most things generally work out pretty well for Motherwell Football Club for whatever reason. Does it seem likely that a rich benevolent American with B-list pals, forward thinking ideas and social media/streaming experience, loves European soccer and buys into the Well Society ethos so decides to chuck us some cash?

Probably,aye.

He obviously can't go into too much detail at the moment, but so far Erik Barmarck is coming across pretty well.  

Always been a supporter of investment if it's right for the club and he seems to be really keen on Well Society involvement, championing the fan and community stuff in that BBC interview. Interesting times. 

Aye, it very much reads like he's "saying the right things" as you would expect in an early stage type interview but... he is saying the right things. Definitely going to be interesting how this develops over the next month or so.

Also, Elizabeth Banks has been an all timer for me ever since her appearances in Scrubs 😍

Edited by StAndrew7

Fair play, if that's true, it's almost impossible to argue with on principle.

However, that's still a big if for me. It certainly doesn't tie in with what was said at the AGM or the rumours about the early talks.

And it's far from convincing on just why he's bothering to do this if he's not after profit... buying some wee club thousands of miles away as a toy just cause you like football? Nah...

But he's talking a good game which at least seems to show some understanding of our potential concerns. An interesting start, for sure.

23 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

However, that's still a big if for me. It certainly doesn't tie in with what was said at the AGM or the rumours about the early talks.

And it's far from convincing on just why he's bothering to do this if he's not after profit... buying some wee club thousands of miles away as a toy just cause you like football? Nah...

But he's talking a good game which at least seems to show some understanding of our potential concerns. An interesting start, for sure.

Think that's a fair assessment, can only go on what the guy is saying at the moment, we'll get more info soon enough. 

As I said previously, investment would be class as long as we don't give away the club just to make sure it happens. Has to be right for the club, infrastructure going forward and community. 

31 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

No big if for me. And I've no interest in rumours 

7 minutes ago, Wellin said:

No big if for me. And I've no interest in rumours 

Not an if as in you believe him or not an if as in you think he's full of shit?

One person's rumour is another's inside scoop...up to you.

Hope the [End section] have big banners telling these plums to chase themselves.

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

Also, Elizabeth Banks has been an all timer for me ever since her appearances in Scrubs 😍

Agree here, I love Elizabeth Banks, She's an all time great yer right.

Someone on here (a well fan) used to love Scrubs (along with a few of us) but I can't mind who, sure they had Scrubs themed usernames 

19 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Think that's a fair assessment, can only go on what the guy is saying at the moment, we'll get more info soon enough. 

As I said previously, investment would be class as long as we don't give away the club just to make sure it happens. Has to be right for the club, infrastructure going forward and community. 

If I'm feeling optimistic, I'd say that's a very positive interview. If it's true, he should understand our concerns and have a partnership where he can get some return while we protect ourselves. Alternatively if he says all that then still insists on 51% it would be quite the red flag. My only worry is some of our fans would happily hand over control based on an interview where he promises to be nice!

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Not an if as in you believe him or not an if as in you think he's full of shit?

One person's rumour is another's inside scoop...up to you.

I don't think he's full of shit but there are people on message boards who have said that they know folk with inside info. Personally I think that's a bit unfair to people who pay into the well society who don't have access to that information. We should all find things out at the same time in my view 

Because from what I've seen elsewhere. Some people (not you) with the inside info have been using it to talk these proposals down 

Edited by Wellin

1 minute ago, Wellin said:

I don't think he's full of shit but there are people on message boards who have said that they know folk with inside info. Personally I think that's a bit unfair to people who pay into the well society who don't have access to that information. 

Yeah, you're not wrong in principle but football clubs, not just ours, have leaked like sieves for years and probably always will.