Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'd have taken Rooney but I'm not disappointed at missing out (assuming we were even interested in the first place).

Anyway, we'll sign someone on loan from some academy in England and they'll turn out to be twice the player... 

Last summer I think we only really had Wilkinson in terms of new faces by the time the League Cup group section.

Davor was probably held up by paperwork, Bair wasn't hot property when Saints released him but with some of the others, I wonder if us being in the market late benefited us. Spencer obviously wasn't that far off Huddersfield's first team, so it may have been a late decision to loan him out. Mika, a bit of an anomaly, but my guess is he came here after a loan to a bigger club fell through. Gent, I wonder if we got him on deadline day after Blackburn exhausted options of loaning him down south.

I'd obviously prefer we did our business pronto, so that the team can gel in the league cup games and hit the ground running, but the downside to getting all your business done early is perhaps missing out on signings like that. 

With Rooney, I think he offers a physicality and stamina that we have perhaps lacked at times at wing-back this season, but on the flip side, I can't see him beating his man and putting a lovely ball in, like Gent does for example.

Yeah. That's 3 clean sheets in 37 league games this season. Going to be a big task to fix it for next season.

Thankfully I couldn't make it today and watch this poor performance.

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah. That's 3 clean sheets in 37 league games this season. Going to be a big task to fix it for next season.

Thankfully I couldn't make it today and watch this poor performance.

We were better for a bit, they were better for a bit with only half chances either way but they got a lucky break for the penalty. For the second I think Nicholson gave it away and they then played it well, not sure if Gent was caught underneath the cross or if it was just a perfect ball which took him out.

It's all rather meh, these meaningless games are much more fun when they go your way but it's hardly worth getting worked up about.

Scottish football is gubbed, never a pen, then that tit Steven McLean flags Bair offside, when about 3 yards on. Big question what will Willie do next season with decisions like that. Anyway on to next season, tickets renewed. 

11 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Only 120 more minutes (excluding injury time) of Liam Kelly at Motherwell to go lads! 🙏

weeeeeeellllllllllll...

Posted (edited)

The query about Moses not getting a run is a bit more valid tonight.

Edit to add he came on just after I posted that but thought he'd have got longer...he did clear one off the line at least!

Edited by Handsome_Devil