Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

See when we finished 4th/5th/6th, were we overconfident braggart fantasists too?

Quite the opposite in our most recent foray, weren't most of us giving it "how the f**k did that happen?".

Ricki Lamie's header both brought spoils and annoyingly took fair chunk of the Euro windfall cash away when used on Alexander and Lucketti's gardening leave.

Agree with @Swello regarding Hearts. Now playing to their budget plus Russian aggression means a guaranteed £4.5m that if was the case for us when we were consistently good a decade ago would have been (current buzzword alert) transformative.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

(I think) Killie fans started a #TB4 (the big 4) and it was Celtic Aberdeen, us and Killie as we were the only teams to have remained in the top league for the last 30 (or however many it was for Killie) years.

Killie got relegated and the #TB3 was thrown about as a joke for a month but then died off.

Shite but decent internet patter.

Yeah, fairly shite patter but seeing as it was a (very) thinly veiled attempt to wind up Hearts, Hibs and particularly Rangers fans it was fine by me.

So it seems the masterplan is we're going to revert to playing the worst performing defence again when we have an injury or two and in the last 20 minutes of most games.

Raging earlybird offer is over......

55 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I am locked in for the SOD: Ball Playing CB Era. 

If he stays injury free and in decent form there's a realistic enough chance that he could hit 200 appearances. As it stands he's already played more games for us than any of the other clubs he's been at which is amusing given that, like Bevis, he only signed on an initial short term deal.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Interesting to see he's a right back.

Aye, I do wonder if having Koutroumbis and Davies as targets means SODs is moving to play wide centre-back, like a fair few of us have thought he might.

Just now, StAndrew7 said:

Aye, I do wonder if having Koutroumbis and Davies as targets means SODs is moving to play wide centre-back, like a fair few of us have thought he might.

👇

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I am locked in for the SOD: Ball Playing CB Era. 

23 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Interesting to see he's a right back.

I think Ketts is just signing right backs exclusively at this stage to cause embolisms on Steelmen.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think Ketts is just signing right backs exclusively at this stage to cause embolisms on Steelmen.

It's a riot on there just now.

Edited by StAndrew7

On 29/05/2024 at 19:41, MurrayWell said:

Easton is one of those where I reckon he'd be good to have as an option. I'm not sure I'd be that bothered if we didn't sign him. Good player for sure, but not a guaranteed starter. 

I sometimes get the vibe the "oddball reply guys" (enjoyed that btw @capt_oats) just get buzzing or overly excited about the most vague rumours, or any chat of links. Automatic stance is that if someone said they are signing for us, then it must be true and they must be an amazing player. Bizarre.

The "oddball reply guys" will be devastated. 

I never really bought into there being much in the whole Easton chat. As I said above, he's a decent player at the level he's playing at, but surely we're looking elsewhere for our creative options? Not proven at this level, no resale value, would have been a strange one. 

1 minute ago, MurrayWell said:

I never really bought into there being much in the whole Easton chat. As I said above, he's a decent player at the level he's playing at, but surely we're looking elsewhere for our creative options? Not proven at this level, no resale value, would have been a strange one. 

I wasn't up or down about Easton - but it did me think about what our targets actually are these days. A few years back, I would have said "English lower league player" with no hesitation - but I'm not sure if that market's even a thing for us now post-brexit. Now I'd say "English academy player that can't get a game, on a 6 month loan" - so maybe Championship journeyman might also have to be our thing.

Also - let's never sign anyone from the Australian league.

Doesn't surprise me that O'Donnell is back because the club seem to always do the easiest thing. Someone would actually have to do a bit of solid recruitment it O'Donnell left. Less work if you just re-sign the guys you have. Even if they were part of an awful defence and made a lot of really poor individual errors last season.

This isn't quite as bad as when we re-signed Nathan McGinley but it is close imo.