Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, capt_oats said:

We were in for him last summer so us having another go doesn't seem like the biggest surprise if he's available.

Have you seen his throw ins? They are worth the apparent £100k fee alone

39 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I’d happily pay that if it meant I never had to see SODS attempt one ever again. 

Just read a few forums where he's been loaned (Port Vale and AFC Wimbledon).

The general take is his move to PL Palace was probably very fortuitous - So Jake Hastie

Competent centre half and OK on the ball but his distribution is questionable - Stephen Craigan

Crossing is also questionable - Don't know who I'd put in here, maybe Seedorf? Maybe worthy of a debate, who has been the worst crosser of a ball in C&A?

Shouldn't be played at right back over centre half - Not an issue as we have lots of ...... erm .... "experience"? .... (yeah lets go with that), there.

His shy's are something to behold - SOD +50%

Opinion is split if he was L1 standard or not.

Also, stay away from Wimbledon's forum, its like something you'd need an AOL dialup to access.

Sone Bundesliga mob in for Bair apparently.

The same article saying that he's been dubbed the "Canadian Messi" by Motherwell fans, can't say I've heard that one before but you learn something new every day.

2 hours ago, SS77 said:

Motherwell getting a throw in has always made me sad - anything that improves the general throw-in matchday experience gets my vote.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

We were in for him last summer so us having another go doesn't seem like the biggest surprise if he's available.

That says he can play anywhere across the back three - no wonder Stephen Robinson dropped his interest. 

I'm a little surprised we're apparently paying a fee this summer but you have to say- it's absolutely brilliant to see us back up among the top dogs in Scottish football, motoring away from some of the tawdry outfits that have outbid us in recent seasons.

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm a little surprised we're apparently paying a fee this summer but you have to say- it's absolutely brilliant to see us back up among the top dogs in Scottish football, motoring away from some of the tawdry outfits that have outbid us in recent seasons.

Truly the natural order. 

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I am surprised too.

Maybe we are getting a few extra bob than anticipated for Theo Bair. It seems there are multiple teams interested going by rumours which is always good news when it comes to getting the best deal we can. 

Re Kofi. Always shat it when a team had a long throw in player, given our renowned and stout defending of crosses and dead ball situations. If he does sign it will be good to see us using that tactic. We just need to get a striker who is good in the air now….